Infinity Perfect comps

jcolley
10+ year member

Michigan
I know that people generally don't like Infinity speakers on this forum, but I have a chance to get the Infinity Perfect 6.1's for 80 dollars per pair. The reviews that I have seen on these speakers seem to indicate that they aren't as harsh as all other infinity products which seems to be the main problem people have with them. I don't know if this is because they are nicer or because people just don't want to admit that they wasted money on the speakers... Does anyone here think that this is a deal I should pursue?

That's a very nice price. I'd say they're worth a shot. Just keep them in good shape in case you end up wanting to sell them. I'm not a fan of Infinity, but I've also read these are decent.

What genres do you listen to?

Thanks for the response. There won't be a single scratch on them from me. I'm way too paranoid about keeping my stuff in perfect condition. Probably not a horrible thing though. I personally listen to rock 99% of the time, but if I have friends in the car with me, it'll be hip-hop/rap crap, or my girlfriend will be listening to country...

I've got a set of Infinity Kappa 6x9s and I understand what people mean when they say the highs can be a little harsh. I looked into a couple of sets of components for my front stage but I was told by people that they'd be just as harsh if not more harsh than the rears. I ended up going with some Focal components because I do like my highs, but maybe not quite as much as the Infinitys would have given me. For $80 a set, you really can't beat that. I'd probably jump on that deal.

I have the infinity perfects, they are very good, extremely good. I changed my speakers out a lot before I got these, now I am completely satisfied.

When you get speakers like these, you really cant half step. Make sure you have a strong amp and that all your wiring is tight so that you can juice those speakers up with the power they need.

These speakers continue to get better with time too. They are built to last and will handle a lot of power. Clean power that is, so don't go trying to turn your amp all the way up. My amp does a 150 watts rms per channel at 4ohms and its not turned quite half way.

Oh, they are not harsh, infinity speakers sound harsh when they are not powered correctly, otherwise, they will give you accurate sound that massages the ears. My perfects do!

Infinity is known for having some of the harshest tweeters out there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.