installed my head unit but no sound for cds?

Participant count
  • Participant list

splwj47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
so i just installed my head unit into my 03 jeep gc. i picked up the wiring harness from my local audio shop, they didnt have the harness for the infinity sound but once my amp gets here i wont need that harness anyways. so i figured i would hook it up and see what happens and it works for the radio, i have sound threw all speakers but when i put a cd in i dont have any sound. i know all this wont matter once i have my amp, but why am i getting sound threw th tunner but not for cds? anyone know?

Your Cd player is not working. Something is wrong with the deck, I dont see how having an amp will make a difference
it worked fine before i took it out of my car. it reads the cd and says its playing just no sound from the speakers.

Thats weird. If the speakers are working with the radio, but not with the cd, it would seem as though a connection inside the deck has come loose. I would bet the connection from the cd player inside. I haven't opened up a deck before so i could be wrong, but that is all that would make sense to me

ya i dont know. the shop didnt have the right adaptor for the infinity sound stock system so i figuered that might have something to do with it. there was a second stock harness that i couldnt hook up to the harness for the deck so maybe that adapter has to be hooked up or something.

did you hook the amp turn on to the power antenna lead?
all wires matched up there was only one wire from the the deck haness (atenna up) and one from the wiring harness (mute) that didnt get hooked up. also look at my diagram i drew lol would that might have something to do with it?

You hooked the amp's remote turn on lead up to the power antenna output of the head unit. Hook up the blue/white wire instead of the solid blue.
the remote wire (blue/white) isnt hooked up to anything there was no wire to hook it up to on the harness. i dont have a amtermarket amp hooked up yet, there is just the stock infinity amp that come standard in the jeep.

the remote wire (blue/white) isnt hooked up to anything there was no wire to hook it up to on the harness. i dont have a amtermarket amp hooked up yet, there is just the stock infinity amp that come standard in the jeep.
It needs to be hooked to the wire the power antenna wire is currently hooked to, just switch them.

It needs to be hooked to the wire the power antenna wire is currently hooked to, just switch them.
well how come im gettin sound for the radio but not cd. wouldnt that mean that the amp is on if the radio plays music?

well how come im gettin sound for the radio but not cd
The bose amp still requires a turn on signal & it is getting that signal when the tuner is on because the power antenna wire is providing it. The power antenna wire is only energised when your deck is in tuner mode.

well how come im gettin sound for the radio but not cd. wouldnt that mean that the amp is on if the radio plays music?
Please try to pay attention. I want to make sure this is clearly understood. Hook the blue/white wire coming out of the head unit to the wire you currently have the solid blue wire hooked to. It will fix your problem. Don't argue or reply. Just go do it.

The bose amp still requires a turn on signal & it is getting that signal when the tuner is on because the power antenna wire is providing it. The power antenna wire is only energised when your deck is in tuner mode.
ok so hook blue/white remote wire to solid blue wire then?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.