Installed New amp, and settings must be wrong, need help sounds like crap

Jake95
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i got a new power acoustik silver edition amp RMS 300*2 and hooked it up to my 2 alpine type s's. The sound coming out sounds horrible, i feel like i just need to adust something, because i know the equiptment should be good, and my subs are in working condition. They used to sound nice with the old amp, but now they sound kinda like theyre blown out, but i havent even turned it up nearly enough to do that. Need help and suggestions for what to do. Thanks

the subs or amp? yeah the amp turns on and everything, and the subs have been used before, and are in the same box. I did have to extend the speaker wires temporarily to the new amp so its 2 wires connected, but i dont know why that would matter.

Check your gain settings first. Then make sure the connections are all solid. Did you run the power wires & RCA cables down the same side? That will create noise also. What kind of noises are coming out of the speakers? Since it's all new equip, I'd say the installation is the issue. No Offense....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.