Installed new receiver, but audio stutters/pauses at high volume?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hydro033

Hey guys, new here. I am pretty handy with electronics, but I am new to car audio. I installed a Pioneer 2500UI into my Ford Mustang. It replaced my Shaker 500 unit which had a broken disc drive. The receiver works great, but when it is at high volume, it cuts in and out. It is very annoying and I do not know what is causing it. I do not have a clue.

Does it cut out playing everything? Cds, and radio? Did you put in after market speakers?
Yes, it cuts out playing everything. The speakers are not aftermarket.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

It is only at high volume. How would I know if this is the problem? Anyway to diagnose?

Can you be a bit more specific? Does the head unit turn off or do the lights on it dim when the music stutters? Also, what do you mean by stuttering... does it completely stop playing for a fraction of a second a time repeatedly or does it go off and stay off for like, three or four seconds at a time?

Lastly... at what volume level does this occur? example: 25 of 35, 35 of 60, etc.

What are the bass and treble levels set to?

Loudness on or off?

The head unit looks fine and the music simply cuts out for a second or less and then come right back on.

It seems to happen at about volume level 32 and up. Maybe has something to do with the heavy bass moments in songs? Not 100% sure on the bass because I think it happens at other times. I tried turning the bass, treble and loudness down to no avail.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

what settings would apply to this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.