installed new speakers; Very Loud high frequency beeps, no music.

JDMB20TDA
10+ year member

chicago
just installed a set of speakers into a car, after wiring it all up I went to test it out.

played no music.

it just made a series of extremely loud high frequency beeps.

volume at head unit doesnt effect volume at speakers( @ 1, the speakers were screamin).

there is only 2 feet of wiring going to the rear channel and its perfect only one solder joint.

I have the front channel disconnected and it still does this.

I didnt mess with any of the wiring before the amp, previous owner installed it so id guess thats where the problem lies.

they are a set of brand new kicker 6x9's, with a kicker 4 channel amp.

ive never had this problem before and Im stumped what should I check first, and has anyone experienced this before?

Have you ever gotten music frome those channels on the amp. I had a similar issue before.I ran the outputs to the vehical's speaker wire and didn't know there was a factory amp and messed up the amp channels. All it would do is produce a high pitched beep.

alright thanks guys, ill have to retrace the wiring, its not the front channel they are completely disconnected, but it did the same when only the fronts were connected ( didnt have rear speakers).

the rear deck doesnt have any metal around it to short to anything.

could it be a problem with the amp or maybe the amps ground?

the rear deck speakers couldnt be shorting they dont have any length of wire from the amp.

as far as the amp wiring being at fault what could cause this?

I would say the problem either relies in the source providing the signal, i.e. your head unit OR something is wrong with the amplifier/wiring/etc.

You could have blown inputs on your amplifier or the previous owner could have wired the factory head unit into the RCA leads causing the input stage to overload. Don't laugh, because I have seen backyard audio installers splice speaker outputs directly into RCA inputs on the amplifier.

What have you done to ensure that your head unit/radio is functioning properly? What have you done to ensure that your amplifier is functioning properly? Do you have a friend who can either loan you another amplifier or head unit to test with? Sorry, but without more information, it will be tough to help you out.

get a dmm and do a continuity check. Put one on the wire and one on the metal of the door. If it beeps your grounding to the door. Ya diggy
there are no front channels installed or hooked up since the problem started.

But I do have a few spare amps I will have to give a try, and I maybe able to locate a working head unit, otherwise is there anyother way to check if the HU is at fault?

thanks guys I need all the help I can get, driving to work in silence is depressing.

I cant tell you what the problem was, but I ended up just rerouting every wire and it works now.

except it has an annoying whine to it.

It is somehow getting interference from the ignition system/alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.