Installing Amp Power Fuse

I recently installed the amp wire kit for dual amps; my distro block is inside the car behind the glove box. I am trying to figure out a placement for my main fuse in the engine bay. I tried tapping some holes to mount the block on the inner strut wall but the metal was to strong and my screws sheared. My next idea is to mount it in the lower intake housing and then use sealant from the inside to seal the screw holes. Vehicle is a 2000 Honda Accord with a 2.3L. I am more on the professional decent looking work and not ghetto. By ghetto i mean fuse block zip tied to a existing wire loom. It is a JL Audio Premium ANL Fuse Block with the reposition-able ends, so it is a tad bit bulky. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice.

John

I recently installed the amp wire kit for dual amps; my distro block is inside the car behind the glove box. I am trying to figure out a placement for my main fuse in the engine bay. I tried tapping some holes to mount the block on the inner strut wall but the metal was to strong and my screws sheared. My next idea is to mount it in the lower intake housing and then use sealant from the inside to seal the screw holes. Vehicle is a 2000 Honda Accord with a 2.3L. I am more on the professional decent looking work and not ghetto. By ghetto i mean fuse block zip tied to a existing wire loom. It is a JL Audio Premium ANL Fuse Block with the reposition-able ends, so it is a tad bit bulky. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice.
John
This part of the install should focus on functionality rather than aesthetics. The fuse needs to be as close to the battery as possible. Every install I've seen had pretty much zip tied to existing wire loom or something else that's close to it (as long as it's not hot). Remember, the priority is to have it be as close to the battery as possible since the wire before the fuse obviously isn't fused. When you show off your system, you don't have to open the hood!

John
What screws were you using? Try drilling a larger pilot hole and/or getting some self tapping screws. They should be able to penetrate the sheet metal. if you were using the ones that came with the fuse holder, they were probably just cheap soft screws.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.