installing dustcap on DD 2510

Participant count
  • Participant list

atlninja82
10+ year member

i like to fish
atlanta
hey guys,

I have to order a new dustcap for one of my subs. I have been looking on team psi's website and it they have paper, polypropelyne, and carbon fiber. I have a paper dustcap now; would it be ok if i switched to polypropelyne or carbon fiber? would there be an audible difference? also what should I use to glue the new cap back on? some type of epoxy im guessing? and any other tips on installing or taking off the old dustcap would be greatly appreciated as this will be my first time trying this.

thanks,

-eric

whats wrong with the current dust cap? anyway david from fix my speaker aka psi said in a thread that the easiest way is to make an X in the dust cap with an exacto, and remove it gently in small pieces if your careful enough you shouldnt have any problems

the current dustcap has a crack in it and a hole where air is leaking through and causing the sub to pop and over excurt(sp?).couldnt i just cut around the outside and take it off?

Last one I did I ordered the glue and activator from DD and a Carbon cap. I cut the old one out some not all the way and then put the new one on. sub has been working great for a while now.

and as far as it changing the sound.. if its a heavier one it may lower the Fs slightly or lighter may raise it... but that wouldnt be audible.. if the new one is bigger you could just cut around the old one being careful not to cut the cone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.