Installing my system - what else do i need?

Vital
10+ year member

NY
Here's my set-up:

- comps in the front door + amp

- sub in the trunk + amp

- nothing in the rear deck (completely take out stock speakers)

I got all my stuff delivered and wanna install asap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's gonna rain on saturday and that's the only day i can do the install, so i'm thinking of using a warehouse my friend works at. The only drawback in this is that it's in the middle of nowhere so if i'll need like 1 connector and i didn't think of it before it'll take me forever to find any hardware store close-by.

Need your advice: is there ANYTHING else i will need??

Here's what i got:

- bunch of tools (i'm sure i'm good here)

- 6.5'' speaker adapter

- 2 of these kits:

http://www.millionbuy.com/rocrfk4x.html

h575RFK4X-f.jpeg

So is there ANYYYYYTHING else i'll need? I'm reffering to small stuff like connectors, fuses.... Wire Kit does have some but is there anything else???

congrats i have the same exact kit. Dont need distros if you want to run 2 power wires from your bat.>?

also you might need 1/0 wire going to distro to power both amps depending on how powerful they're?

Here's my set-up:- comps in the front door + amp

- sub in the trunk + amp

- nothing in the rear deck (completely take out stock speakers)

I got all my stuff delivered and wanna install asap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's gonna rain on saturday and that's the only day i can do the install, so i'm thinking of using a warehouse my friend works at. The only drawback in this is that it's in the middle of nowhere so if i'll need like 1 connector and i didn't think of it before it'll take me forever to find any hardware store close-by.

Need your advice: is there ANYTHING else i will need??

Here's what i got:

- bunch of tools (i'm sure i'm good here)

- 6.5'' speaker adapter

- 2 of these kits:

http://www.millionbuy.com/rocrfk4x.html

h575RFK4X-f.jpeg

So is there ANYYYYYTHING else i'll need? I'm reffering to small stuff like connectors, fuses.... Wire Kit does have some but is there anything else???
PM sent to you man

Disclaimer : i'm car audio noob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What's distro block?

Amps are:

1. 2-channel, 100W each

2. mono 350W

distribution blocks. its where you can run one power wire to it then branch off 1--4 different wires to go to 1--4 different amps. youll need one for power and one for ground. i got a fused distribution block but to each his own

thanx. I'll see if i can find fused block early in the morning. If not i'll just run 2 separate wires, fukk it.

If i understand it correctly it woun't hurt in any way, just more wires to run + the cost of wire itself, right?

Also, i can always add fused block in the future without any major modification, correct?

distros are generally used to save time and effort. if your amps require 4g wire then you can run a single 2g or 0g wire to the back into the distro, then dual 4g wires to the amps. see what the specs are on your amps before you run any wires. if they require 4g wiring then run both sets of + and - and you are done.

one power wire and one distro block is all you need. two power wires will be a waste of money and a pain to run. just get an extra rca cable and you'll be good to go. you gonna deaden your doors? i would at least do a little if not the whole door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.