Iraggi Troubles...

BigDrez
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
OK...On my way home from work yesterday morning my check gages light came on when I was almost in my drive way and I looked at my battery gage and it was between 9-11 volts...which is in the red. I didn't really pay to much attention to it at that point in time because I had been playing my system for about a half an hour at the time. But, on my way to work last night the same thing happened. So when I got to work I popped my hood and my alternator was EXTREMELY hot and I couldn't even touch it. (also I did NOT play my system the entire way to work because of the previous problem the day before) The whole way to work my battery gage fluctuated between 10.8 -11.2 volts. On my way home from work this morning I decided to take the back roads and I did about 65-70 the whole way home....with my RPMS consistantly between 1500-2200 I got my battery gage up to 13.8-14.0 while again NOT playing my stereo for the whole 35 minutes it takes me to get home. When I pulled in my driveway and sat at idle for about 2-3 minutes it dropped down to a little under 13 volts and again my alternator was hot. What is the problem here? Did they send me a refurbished piece of ****? It worked perfectly fine for the past 3 weeks however recently it sounds strange but I could tell by ear that my stereo had got a little less loud but I thought it was just voltage drops due to the fact I had no back up battery. Has anybody else had this problem?

Honestly as stupid as it sounds I did not check the battery...I figured since it was getting a charge at certain RPM range that it was my alternator not producing enough. But, there lies another question. IF that was true, would my battery not be getting a charge at all and eventually die? I am lost....

lmao...all you people that make these posts kill me....why waste your time to even type something so ignorant? I am asking a question, which if you browse this board thats what more then 50% of these threads are about. If you don't feel like answering don't ****in' respond. People come here to give advice and ask for help, and all you mongaloids that tell people to go search or make these lame posts like the one above forget that time and time again.....

Honestly as stupid as it sounds I did not check the battery...I figured since it was getting a charge at certain RPM range that it was my alternator not producing enough. But, there lies another question. IF that was true, would my battery not be getting a charge at all and eventually die? I am lost....
the batt will charge but it wont keep that charge very long, as soon as you shut the car off the volts will drop. Just run your car for about 3min turn it off take a dmm and test your batt and hold it there and see if the volts go down if so theres your problem;)

egg

thanks....I will go to Autozone here in a few....

So if it is over working trying to hold a charge to my battery could that be the cause for it getting extremely hot?

thanks....I will go to Autozone here in a few....
So if it is over working trying to hold a charge to my battery could that be the cause for it getting extremely hot?
X2!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Advance will test your batt for free, right in the parkinglot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Another solution is if you still have the old alternator. just put the old one in and see if problem goes away for a couple days. Then put the Iraggi back in and see if problem reappers. If problems remain same with either alternator, then look somewherelse but if problem disappears then you found the problem.

lmao...all you people that make these posts kill me....why waste your time to even type something so ignorant? I am asking a question, which if you browse this board thats what more then 50% of these threads are about. If you don't feel like answering don't ****in' respond. People come here to give advice and ask for help, and all you mongaloids that tell people to go search or make these lame posts like the one above forget that time and time again.....
you talkin to me? actually people that have products that are 1 month old (you said it was good for the first 3 weeks) and then theres a problem need to call the manufacturer in this case Dominick Iraggi. Dom built it and sold it to you, its not that old, so call him and ask the exact same thing. Youll get an educated response and maybe a free repair instead of a bunch of people telling you what they THINK.

LOL If you dont like my response then dont "****in' respond" to my response.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

you talkin to me? actually people that have products that are 1 month old (you said it was good for the first 3 weeks) and then theres a problem need to call the manufacturer in this case Dominick Iraggi. Dom built it and sold it to you, its not that old, so call him and ask the exact same thing. Youll get an educated response and maybe a free repair instead of a bunch of people telling you what they THINK.
LOL If you dont like my response then dont "****in' respond" to my response.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
you don't know anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.