Is it worth the effort?

PowerBomb

A few years ago, I picked up a pile of stuff from SoundDomain while they were closing down their car audio sales department. I've since sold the car that most of it was installed in, but found 2 sets of comps and an amp in my closet still NIB.

In my current daily driver, I'm running a JVC AVX-820 deck, stock speakers, and as of yesterday, 2 IDQ12v2 subs powered by an MTX JH600 amp. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to install the lower end components/amp, or just keep the stock speakers in place. Here's what I've got, and keep in mind that it's a "these or nothing" question because I'm not interested in spending more money on a daily driver.

Amp: Directed a404 (rated 100x2 bridged)

Components: Kenwood KFC-P707 or Clarion SRS-1686

Components would go in stock locations (woofer low in the door, tweets in the corners of the dash) and I've got a ton of original Dynamat left to deaden with. So, are either of those sets worth installing?

What kind of stock system do you have?

Do you like the way it sounds?

If you need the money and are happy currently sell them. either comp set looks good so flip a coin. If your not hurting i'd throw them in.

Err.. sorry, more details needed:

It's the Nissan Altima (non-Bose) stock system.. 6.5s in the doors, 3s in the dash.

I don't need money, I just don't want to spend more, otherwise I'll end up spending $500+ on components/amp and won't put forth the effort to properly deaden/install everything. I'm liking the Kenwoods just because i've always known Kenwood to make decent components and the amp should work with them.

Only reason I ask is I wasn't sure if they'd put out decent mid-bass, but after listening to the stock speakers running off the deck and getting drowned out by the "conservatively" tuned subs (gain matched to HU output, etc.,) I'm thinking it's a go.. just not sure if the Kenwoods are better than the Clarions

ok i'm confused. you bought them and had them in a different car already been used by you. so you've already heard these. now you wanna know if it's worth putting in a different car. you think they died sitting on the shelf and they sound worse than your stock speakers? am i the only one not understanding why this is even a question?

Yes, you are the only one not understanding and you're also the only one who is confused. I know this, because everyone else actually read the original post.

Even though you were to busy trying to crap on my thread to actually read the post, I'll be nice and explain it to you since your reading comprehension is so horrible. Both sets of components are brand new. I never isntalled them, they've just been sitting in my closet. Originally, I wasn't sure if it'd be worth the effort to install low end comps, I've decided it is.. now I want opinions on the Clarion vs Kenwood comps.

ok i'm confused. you bought them and had them in a different car already been used by you. so you've already heard these. now you wanna know if it's worth putting in a different car. you think they died sitting on the shelf and they sound worse than your stock speakers? am i the only one not understanding why this is even a question?

put them in and see which sounds better to you. everyone's taste and ears are different. if the locations are hard to get to and your stocks are doing fine for ya, then don't. lol.

i read the thread and NOWHERE did it say that you didn't use them. if i put in a system, i don't leave it in when i sell the car, i take the stuff out. who on here knew what you were talking about? this is the 1st time you've been clear about anything. could have said "hey i've got 2 sets of comps brand new which one should i use?" obviously aftermarket comps are better than stock paper speakers so duhhhhh something is worth putting in there. if it were me, i'd go for the kenwood. just for the simple fact that you can push them a little more.

lol, comprehension did pwn ya, but not everyone knows what NIB means........wait, I guess you did, lol!

Yes OP, dynamat the crap out your doors and put in the Kenwoods and amp them with that amp, should do well, better than stockers anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.