Is my L7 Blown???

lol i swore response on them lowest was 20hz XD
The frequency response given for any speaker is the frequency response for the rms that is given for that speaker. If you lower the rms, you can go lower with the frequency response. If you're putting 1000 watts rms into a 15 L7 and attempt to play 15 Hz at full tilt, you're going to mess it up, especially if you have a ported box with a high tuning. If you lower the power and the tuning of the box, you may be able to safely play a 15 Hz tone. I don't understand why you'd want to play something that low anyways. The average human ear, that isn't damaged by anything should be able to hear 20 Hz to 20000 Hz. The more damage your ears have, the smaller that band gets, from the top and bottom. Assuming you're really into car audio, you've probably got more hearing damage than someone of your age who isn't into car audio. Basically, there should be no way you could hear a 15 Hz tone. You'd definitely feel it and hear all the rattles it produces though.

Yeah, they are 08's... I sent you a private msg... Just reply with your email address and ill email you some pics in the morning.... I just took the pics of them, and my other stuff that I'm selling to post it up... But haven't gotten to the posting...give me your email and ill send them to you... Check your private msgs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.