Is my local car shop morons or just trying to sell me something??

the hdc315 needs more power to get going. So off the amp you have i would say the fi q is your better choice. If you had more power i would lean to the hdc315.
+1 yeah what he said. The Q is FI's sound quality oriented line of product. Still gets ridiculous loud though while sounding good. Those rms ratings (when getting subs from a REAL submaker) are set to be really conservative. I think the general consensus is 1200watts sounds good on the 12" Q's without even beating on the sub. So that kinda shows the kind of power they can take.

If you measure the space you have while still keeping access to back seat I'll help you figure out if it's possible to fit. Big difference in box size between ported and sealed. FI recommends 3-4 cu ft for a ported box, that's pretty big and heavy! lol

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1547a12326ba58b/shopdata/0020_Q/product_overview.shopscript

So go measure before you decide on anything.

You'll probably want it to fire torwards the rear also. Said friends 15" Q in a 3.0 cu ft sealed box we threw together. Sorry for the phone camera quality haha

Q18.jpg

stay away from BB,CC and that car audio shop...everything you need is right here. You may get flamed for stupid qestions, but **** it you learn as you go. I know I did. If I were you I'd do the following.
Buy the Fi Q (or what ever you want)

Get bjfish to design a box and build for you for around $150-$200

Make sure the Big 3 is done correctly and buy yourself a higher amperage Altnator for your car

Get a 0 GA amp wiring kit(kicker, knuknoceptz, streetwires)

hook all this up and be happy!
Dont not go to bby or cc, just go straight to the install bay and find an installer thats down to earth and not ignorant. There are lots of good installers at bby and cc, i work at circuit city part time and worked at best buy for 1 and a half years full time. It's just that most people nowadays think they are a car audio god and know everything because they get paid to do installs for a living and some of them shouldnt even be trusted to touch a car.

okay i mostly look at **** on here and dont post that much, unless im looking to buy or sell, but heres my rant for the day, for salesmen its all about how they feel that day, if theyre tired or being lazy theyre gunna tell you whatever you dont wanna hear to make you leave, if theyre in a good mood theyll listen to you and give you their best recomendation, which may seem bad to the internet crew that gets fi audioque and dd boners (i have 2 sd2.5's, so i can say that) and doesnt know that much about some of the mainstream stuff execept for some guy online said it was ****. and if the customer looks like a total douche theyll sell them **** they dont need just because the customer looks like an *******. thats how salesmen work, so read this, think about your past experiances and see where you fall, salesmen all have some sort of knowlage about the product they sell, so dont say they dont know everything end of rant. thanks

6-8 hours offers plenty of time for fun. There are taxis and buses in StLo and KC too. Don't worry if you have to walk or not. If you have lived in Mizzou for a while you should have some fave places to hit up when in either city. Have a killer breakfast, do some shopping at malls or downtown, find a good place to eat lunch, go check out some strippers, then head back to pick up your done-right rig.

I always look at trips as a chance for a Good Time! It never hurts to get out of dodge (plymouth is DOA...LOL!) and what better excuse than a good install?

Rick

Also, I actually went to another salesman about the FI Q and he said the exact same thing as the first. That it was a competition speaker and sounded like ****. This 2nd salesman wasn't even trying to sell me anything so I'm stuck..
You're right, they should want more of your money. Thing is, they want more of your money than just doing an bring-it-yourself install. They want to sell you their products. They will tell you anything to make this happen. The fact that the fist salesman said he had some experience with the Fi Q and then gave you incorrect model numbers should be a big indication that he's full of sh!t. Get the Q. If you don't like it after a few weeks after the break-in period, then sell it here.... you'll likely be able to recoup most of your investment.

It has been a while since I worked at a shop (like 10 years)but I would always demo the products we sold in a vehicle before trying to sell it to a customer. if not my vehicle, then another installers vehicle and even the owners vehicle. It was a must to use the equipment that you sold. The **** this guy is trying to pull is the reason why alot of local shops are going under. You stated you are a total noob and yet you can smell his ******** a mile away. **** him spend your money somewhere else.

Local shops could give two shits less about internet brands. You guys expect them to know what Fi, RE, IA, etc is... you know how many bull **** ebay brands probably come thru the doors? exactly. You say it's from online, ofcourse they are going to assume it's garbage.
Exactly.....we get that **** all the time.

Exactly.....we get that **** all the time.
If you get that **** 'all the time'... maybe its about time your shop starts taking it seriously, and learning about it.
The market isn't going to conform to what the local B&M shops want. The shops that dont come to understand that, will fail.

If you get that **** 'all the time' maybe its about time your shop starts taking it seriously, and learning about it. Duh?
The market isn't going to conform to what the local B&M shops want. The ones that dont come to understand that soon enough, will fail.
EXACTLY!!!!!!

I have no idea why B & M owners/employees seem to act as though they deserve loyalty without making any effort to earn it, but it sure seems like that is far too often the case.

If you are in this business then you should take the time to find out what is available in the market. That way when someone comes in and says they currently own ("whatever") you can properly "qualify" that customer. Geez, don't they teach these guys anything about sales?

Yep, I even offered to pay more for labor if they used the 1/0 awg and he said "You don't need it, we're using 4awg." It took some effort to even get them to do the big 3 in the first place, and I had to offer to pay 40$ in labor on top of the wires cost just to even get them to do it. And then to have them tell me they're using 4awg instead of 0awg made it even worse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
At least I'll be done with this whole mess until I buy my FI Q and need it installed. I don't mind paying extra money to have quality work done, but paying extra money and still having them not do it the way I want is where it chaps my a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks for all the help though guys, I'm so glad I found this place.
i say you don't waste any more money at that place, take your car to a better shop or just learn to do it yourself. No need to piss away money to idiots

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.