Is the Hornet 740t a good basic alarm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GlocksRock
10+ year member

Glock > You
I want to get a basic alarm for my car, something that will lock the doors when I arm the alarm, and unlock the doors when I disarm it. The car already has power locks, so it seems this alarm is just what I need. Has anyone here used it or know someone that has it. I figure since it's made by DEI that it's just as good as a Python or Viper alarm.

Its a decent unit. Any alarm depends on the installation as well as accessories that go with the installation. I recommend getting a backup battery as well as a couple mini piezo's. When you hook up the back up battery, if your alarm goes off and the thief cuts the battery the back up battery will still power the alarm and the mini piezzos i would mount inside the vents in your car that way even if the thief cuts the siren under the hood there are two annoying mini sirens inside the car screaming into his ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.