Is this a good ground?

xNaStYx
10+ year member

yo
lolz
I was wondering if this was a good ground for my amps. I have sanded the paint off to get it to bare metal but I am still getting some amp noise so I figured it could be the ground. Is this good or is there another better spot?

EDIT: Sorry for the large picture.. I don't know how to make it smaller

CIMG1398.jpg

That's exactly what I told my dad but he insisted that I do it there. Thank you for the quick response. I will change it asap.

Straight to battery is a waste of cable. find a solid piece of metal like the frame of the car. that noise you hear is most likely your alternator. Fix your ground then if you still hear it you have more work do to find your ground loop.

Straight to battery is a waste of cable. find a solid piece of metal like the frame of the car. that noise you hear is most likely your alternator. Fix your ground then if you still hear it you have more work do to find your ground loop.
or peace of mind, depends on your perspective

Yeah but if you run 18 feet of 0awg at $3 a foot, do you really want to spend another $50 some more dollars for a ground when you can just get 3 feet and have the same thing?
or what you think is the same thing. But if it works for you then it works for you, i'll keep with what works for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.