Is this amp right for these subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

O2JR

Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions, and I was wondering if u guys can help me. I have these subs, 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-CompVR-07CVR124-subwoofer-4-ohm/dp/B000MSSOWQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232689236&sr=8-1

Kicker 12" 4ohm DVC. Well the thing is that I had a Kenwood woofer with 900 RMS @2ohm stable, and 500 RMS @ 4ohm. Looking at wiring both woofers to the amp I got lots of problems, because the fuses of the amp blew up everytime when the volume was too high. I guess I connected the woofers in 1 ohm according to the general diagrams u get on the web. The point is, the woofer is broken due to some other reason, some glass of water broke the amp. So I need to find a new amp to get my sound back, So I was wondering if I got 2 of these amps one for each sub ofc, I would get 400 RMs out of those subs theorically.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140287539637

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

In the diagram I have 2 ohm, So I would get the actually 400 RMS that the amp has theorically. Would these amps would work just fine. I won't have problems with burn fuses and stuff like I did ? ... Thx in advance all...peace..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.