is this normal?

they are mx 12's
Ah, my bad.

In the sub wiring diagram you should have wired it like the top one. Wont the + of coil 1 to the - of coil 2 on the sub this makes a dual 1 ohm sub into a 2 ohm. You do that with each sub. Then you would take the - from coil one on each sub and run that to the amp -. Then take the + from coil 2 on each sub and run that into the + of the amp.

Ah, my bad.
In the sub wiring diagram you should have wired it like the top one. Wont the + of coil 1 to the - of coil 2 on the sub this makes a dual 1 ohm sub into a 2 ohm. You do that with each sub. Then you would take the - from coil one on each sub and run that to the amp -. Then take the + from coil 2 on each sub and run that into the + of the amp.

yeah but if i would have done it right it should have still been 1 ohm just with 1 set of pos and neg wires instead of 2 separate pos and neg wires

i think now this makes sense cause my pos and neg is on the same terminal lmao instead of from one coil to the other their crossed at the same coil so some changes tomorrow
bingo..thats the problem

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Its not about the rating, its about the connection for your problem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if you ahve dual 1 ohm and you wire 2 coils in parallel you would be at .5 ohm not 1 ohm. Each coil is 1 ohm so you can not wire two together and be at 1 ohm.

if you ahve dual 1 ohm and you wire 2 coils in parallel you would be at .5 ohm not 1 ohm. Each coil is 1 ohm so you can not wire two together and be at 1 ohm.
Correct. And then wire both paralleled .5 ohm subs into series for the 1 ohm load again. Or if you do parallel again, you get the .25 we mentioned. This is with 2 subs. Pretty simple really. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Correct. And then wire both paralleled .5 ohm subs into series for the 1 ohm load again. Or if you do parallel again, you get the .25 we mentioned. This is with 2 subs. Pretty simple really. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
your right pretty simple all fixed had all the neighbors in my complex bitchin and almost got arrested at the same time!!!! very good thou thanks for the help guys!!!!!

i think now this makes sense cause my pos and neg is on the same terminal lmao instead of from one coil to the other their crossed at the same coil so some changes tomorrow
Haha I thought thats what you said in your post. Glad you figured it out!

yes i really had the chance to really listen to them and i went to the owner of the shop where i go for him to here and he said it was the loudest he ever herd besides at a show where guys have rows of subs and amps.....we are going to get a reading off the term lab asap and ill let ya no what the numbers were..... i will do a video as well but this will take some time considering i need a place to do it where the cops wont be called lmao..... what should i show in the video???? the inside of my car just shaking and the wind shield flexing???? give me some ideas.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

needthat22

10+ year member
needthat22
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from