Issue with electrical system

Participant count
  • Participant list

sirtobil05

Hello,

I am having an issue with the electrical system for my stereo/amps. When I am playing certain songs at high volumes, I experience many short duration's (approx less than 1 sec. each) where my system will just turn off and then right back on. At the same time that this happens, there is usually a loud popping noise from my sub woofers, as if they were bottoming out or scraping badly in the bore. I checked the wiring for each sub and they are sitting at 2 ohms. I put them in parallel for a 1 ohm load on the amp. I monitored my voltage at the battery and at the amps while I was playing at full volume and the lowest voltage I saw at the amp was 11.8 volts. I know thats kind of low but doesnt seem low enough to shut off the amp. I'm just not sure why it would do this on some songs but not others.

Make sure the ground is tightly bolted to bare, unpainted (or scrapped) metal and that it hasn't come loose - it shouldn't budge.

Turn down the gain a bit and see if it still cuts out.

Have you done the Big 3 Upgrade? That should help with the voltage drop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sirtobil05

sirtobil05
Struthers, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Umbra