Issue With Multiple LOCs

Participant count
  • Participant list

EGAJohn

Back in 2018 I purchased a Rockford Fosgate RFPEQU to add amplifiers to my new Silverado with the factory radio. I had this issue where when I would turn the radio volume up past 3/4 the subwoofer would start playing out of phase and pulsing. I spoke with a few local shops who said to never use expensive LOCs and just stick with the cheap PAC ones. I installed the PAC LP7-2 and had zero issues after. Fast forward to today, I dug up the PAC LOC from my storage to install in our 2018 Audi A3. The PAC seemed to die after sitting in storage as only the right channel was working. So I found my Rockford RFPEQU and installed that. SAME ISSUE. After everything is installed and tuned the signal starts to fade in and out and pulse when the radio is over 3/4. I figured at this point its just the Fosgate LOC. I read some reviews and tech videos and found the Recoil LOCD to output clean signal over 4v. I purchased this as a permanent solution. The problem continues even with this LOC following their install instructions. Not sure if I need to just run a separate LOC and Line Driver but these had to work for someone to get good reviews. They both sound great until I go over 3/4.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...