It Has Begun... donpisto's '06 G35 Sedan Install

Haven't forgotten, just don't have the time to be updating n stuff. Also been out the audio for quite a while, other than pwning some tards on the G35 forum and helping out some noobs.

After almost a year, I am finally on my path to start my setup. I sold pretty much everything and I'll be keeping it simple for now by running just a sub. I'll still be using the JL 15W6, but I'll be doing a false floor. As for the amp, I really don't know what I'll use...something inexpensive, maybe oldschool, and hopefully with a fairly small footprint.

I have several ideas for the car and eventually want all them to tie in together. My main concern is where to mount the amps and I can't do it where the rear seats are in the trunk since I plan to have a mini fridge there down the line....worst case scenario I'll just put the amps there and re-do the floor in the future.

As for the car itself, it's been through quite a bit. 5 different wheel setups, 3 different suspension setups, and some minor things here and there. I'll get a picture posted later today.

If anyone wants to lend ideas, I'm up for taking in ideas.

You should paint the front fender lights body color instead of tinted black. With them black they just look like a big dent in the body (IMO of course).
I got a new bumper, unfortunately I didn't think of doing custom work to it and being that it's fiberglass and I'm low (not as low as before), it cracked...the problem with painting those side markers the body color is that you will see a gap, so it will look off, but when I get my bumper fixed I'm going to have the shop bondo that part so I have no lights there and it's one piece. Would look much cleaner. But I agree, the black does make it look empty. The amber looks ugly, and the clear corners, well, doesn't flow too well with the car plus they broke into 7 pieces //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

man that car is beautiful great job i cant wait to see the system pics it would be pretty cool to do a semi plexied false floor not sure how easy it would be to do that though

I thought about doing semi plexi, but kinda want it stealth at the same time. Also thought about doing the plexi and a board over it that is carpetted, which would lift up with actuators, but I think that's going over my head...I probably will do some plexi though

Here's a few pics, the crappy looking pic is the most recent, only thing different are the sun visors on the sides of the car and the black roof vinyl. Tail lights will be overlayed leaving brake lights and reverse lights open in a few weeks.

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

0701090925c.jpg

0701090925a.jpg

Coilovers I have now are Impul Ohlins..hands down they are insane and truly perform. Once I have money, I'm going with air bags so I don't keep cracking my bumper...already cracked both sides where the side markers are and the bottom is kinda messed up...I raised it almost an inch as well...didn't wanna ruin this bumper (too late) since it sits lower and also was sick and tired of having to replace exhaust components since I kept scraping the living piss out them.

Coilovers I have now are Impul Ohlins..hands down they are insane and truly perform. Once I have money, I'm going with air bags so I don't keep cracking my bumper...already cracked both sides where the side markers are and the bottom is kinda messed up...I raised it almost an inch as well...didn't wanna ruin this bumper (too late) since it sits lower and also was sick and tired of having to replace exhaust components since I kept scraping the living piss out them.
L O ****ing L

why dont you buy the stuff you want the first time? instead of buying parts then keep changing them for better ones and better ones?

youd be saving money i think...

I'm very impulsive....the reason why I had around 30 subs laying around and like 8 different amps..was nice to switch multiple setups every other week or so, but it's bit me in the ass several times. It's the reason why I won't buy rims until I have the money for a good set....i guess it's also a hobby so that's part of the addiction

Looks great man! The wheels look so much better black. I remember you said door handles etc were going to be done black...I'd paint the door handles body color, window trim and other stuff same as the grille. And shave the door moldings while you're at it! Haha really though I love these cars and yours is really nice. Let's see some work done to the interior again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.