Its 3:40 am.. Car Break In

mx519
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Our neighbor works at a local store. We'll I just awaken to blue lights flashing all over my room window at 3:25 am. I went out side to see what was going on. For some reason, they choose are **** street. Wealthy neighborhood. 20+ streets in this neighborhood and in the last 6 months there have been 6 break-ins on our street. The car was a volkeswagon jetta with a aftermarket aftermarket 2way alarm which didn't go off. The drivers window was completely smashed in, just like all the other incidents. No clues, no finger prints, and no witnesses, no alarm going off. No one even heard the window shatter and it was in about 5 million peices. They took a JVC Flipout screen, Beltronics 300.00 radar detector, Orion amp, and the guys girlfriends purse which had 140.00 and 4 credit cards. What is going on these days. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

sigh. i always feel bad for people.. and everyone has that "it cant happen to me attitude"..

i wake up if our AC turns on.. i can hear an key in the deadbolt downstairs and i sleep with my S&W under my pillow... the only thing you can do is have a GOOD alarm.. a GOOD set of neighbors and a good layer of tint to deter people..

A few months ago, the ended up lifting the prints that sent a dude to jail off my window because he tried looking in (on camera) and couldnt see anything so he went next door.. put on gloves and broke in their car.. ALL ON CAMERA

That person is lucky. I live in a good neighborhood as well and my house got broken into on my birthday in April. They took a lot of jewelry, some of which were sentimental from my grandmother who past away, electronics and a good amount of cash, not to mention my parents wedding rings and one of my dad's medallions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif It really ***** and I hate theives. I will seriously shoot one if I ever saw one.

Ya theives ****. My bros PSP wound up missing after a bunch of people stayed the night...and some random **** of mine another night. These people are "friends".//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

I'd love to catch a thieving MF ....I'd fill them so full of holes they wouldn't be fit for dog food when I finished...then throw them in the swamp with the others....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the guys girlfriends purse which had 140.00 and 4 credit cards. What is going on these days. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
thats whats going on. they probably saw that, then decided to see how much money they had and what else they could steal..and its 3:40 AM..when else would break ins occur? at 3:40, people are USUALLY home from being at late already and no one really wakes up early for work until 4:30 ish so its a little window that thieves do their business. i'd hate to say it but i think they were asking for it leaving her purse in the car..i dont even leave change in visible sight in my car.

I live in a nice middle class neighborhood and we have break-ins all the time, about 2 years ago id say at least 10-15 cars got broken into and things stolen, throughout the neighborhood there has to have been at least 10 break-ins in the last 10 years in my neighbors homes, and just yesterday at 1 am, someone tried to break into a neighbors house, im an eye witness, saw the truck peeling out and fleeing, the people were home with 2 cars in the driveway, man it takes some balls to try and break into a house when theyre home, we had a neighborhood block sale 2 weeks ago, so maybe it was a scumbag from that, that saw something they liked

thank god no one has tried to rob my house or a car

I need to get like 6 layers of some see through tent and then double 20 or something so it would be hard as hell to get in.....Wont stop them, but will slow them down

i also live in a middle class neighborhood. believe it or not, there have be no break-ins after hurricane katrina...the people that live in the neighborhood aren't the best pick out of the bunch either...i guess we're just lucky..only incident was 5 or 6 years ago when i was a little kid still, someone decided to light my dads 240sx on fire...they opened the gas tank, stuck and towel in there, then lit the towel on fire.....

It's not surprising to me that nobody heard the window break.

Some years ago a fella who I no longer acquaint myself with showed me this process that's likely known to thieves 'round the world.

With a wide-tipped flathead screwdriver I can shatter a door window into a bazillion pieces and even if you were standing there with me you'd never hear a thing.

Now I cannot say that the way I know how to do it is how it got done there in your neighborhood but the person that showed it to me wasn't the brightest bulb in the box so I'll assume that there are more than a few folks outside of him that know this little "trick."

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.