It's time for war.

and i live in dd country, not too far from okc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

and i live in dd country, not too far from okc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Thats not that bad. I had a shop employee go on to tell me that DD tried and failed and many DB drag competitions to the holy grail JLW7. The worst sales pitch I've ever heard. That was at Horizon Audio in Canton.

lol i wish someone would say some stupid **** like that to me, i'd give them a demo. the pawn shop kid almost **** himself.

I had to let that one slide. This guy was so concerned with making a sale, he flat out lied. Anyone other person would have been like "wow! ok give me two."

I'm sure all of you have that one friend who is completely oblivious to car audio and has it set in his mind that JL (or whatever other company) makes the baddest subs on the planet. Well I have quite a few of those friends and frankly, I'm sick of it. I may not be the most experienced car audio person, but I know better. So, I'm going to use my Jeep as a way to prove my point.
So heres the planned equipment.

My 15" Nightshade Proto in my 3 cube at 30hz box.

Sundown 3000D or PowerBass x3000D. More than likely I'll choose the Sundown but I'd rather not beat on it.

Eclipse 8051 CD player

I'm going to be running a run of KNU 0 gauge.

My overall goal is to get as loud as possible without dumping tons of cash in my Jeep. First two things that come to mind are alternator and battery. Snoopdan has been kind enough to send me his build but in this case it doesn't really help me. So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do electrically so I don't toast my amp while proving my point. Anything you guys could give me some information on would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe they like their music to sound good and not be loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Maybe they like their music to sound good and not be loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Ok this kid has 2 w6's in his car hooked up to two shitty little after DEI buyout PPI amps, half way decent MB quart mids and highs and another shitty PPI amp. The loud is crank up all the way bass and some over SLA thing are all the way down so when he wants to get loud, he cranks everything up to zero and then cranks the CD player all the way up. Yea, it's loud but it sounds like total ****. The amps are way into clipping and everything is distorting. He has no clue how this **** works. And he has the nerve to tell me his subs are louder than mine only because he beats them to hell and back and they manage to survive the thermal load? Yea, his car sounds great.....

The only reason he is louder is because he has a hatch car. I have a trunk car.

you should still be louder with that equipment. build a new box IMO
I doubt its the box. I had the box design for daily use. I could probably crank up the input voltage on my crossover or add more gain. Currently the amp is running @ 1.4 ohms.

So hatchbacks create a louder sound? Thats good for me I have a 1990 300ZX (subcompact hatch with a racing engine). As far as the W7, the guy told me that they are very loud and I thought the W6 he played was loud, but he said that these are the ones for SQ and that is just as important as SPL when you like orchestra, Richard Burmer, and Celtic.

I know the W7 cant stand up to seasoned veterens like yall, but I dont want pure spl only.

My ultimate question is this: How does it compare to Ghetto-Joe's sub? I hear boomoers in civics and buics all over downtown. What does the COMMON thumper use and does the W7 hold its own to that?

The common local thumpers in my area use the Solo-baric L5 or L7. Oddly, I have seen a good bit of them using the JL W3 series which provides them next to no deep bass output in small sealed boxes.

With regards to quality bass, I would say the sealed 13w6v2 in my Mustang sounds better than your average run of the mill thumper. Will it play louder outside the car? I don't care, as long as I don't have to put up with the local boomer's fart sounding bass.

With regards to something that is loud as fawk, the ported dd1010 in my Civic has surprised quite a few who have sat in the car with the volume at full tilt. No one believes that I only have 300 rated watts in that car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.