JL 12" Subs + Kenwood + Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

31337hxr
10+ year member

I need to know what's the best configuration. I have a 2000 Camry and I am gonna spend about a thousand dollars on my head unit, subs, and amp all together.

My friend told me JL Audio is the best so my choice is:

Two JL 12" Subs + Kenwood Excelon Head Unit.....

and I'm still deciding an amp for this.

If anybody has a better configuration, let me know. I don't know jack **** about car audio. haha

Welcome Aboard!!!

Well, the first question would really be- What do you want your system to do?

Also- what type of music do you like.

How much space are you willing to sacrifice

How about your mechanical aptitude?

Try these on first and then we can give you more detailed answers.

Take it easy,

-zane

hey poke! thanks for answering my message. Well anyways, I have a Toyota Camry 2000 and I want to add subs. My friend just told me what to get, so this is what i'm gonna go with:

RockFord Fosgate BD-1500 Amplifier

two (2) Fusion fjl-1511 Jonah Lomu Woofer Subs

Alpine Head unit (still haven't decided which model)

Basically, i listen to Hip-Hop music and alternative music and a little bit of rap.

My friend says this setup will be really, really freakin' loud because it's simply 15" and not a lot of folks use 15" , just 12"..and second thing he says this setup will be pretty powerful enough to possibly shatter my windows.

thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.