JL Audio C3-650 or equivalent?

Larson197

So I’ve got something of a conundrum. While I am not all that experienced in car audio, I’ve received some great help as of late, and I’m learning a lot. That said, I need some quick advice on whether or not to purchase a set of speakers, as the sale price won’t last long.

I’m currently looking at a $400 to $500 price range for my front set of components, and have spied the JL Audio C3-650 or C5-650. I’m not too clear on the difference between the two in the first place other than the surround material is rubber in the C3 and butyl rubber in the C5.

Other than those though, are there any speakers in this price range which anyone would suggest over this set?

Thanks for your advice

Hybrid Audio Unity (new) or Hybrid Audio Clarus (used). If I had the money and mounting depth, Clarus would be my choice. The paper mids are a gem, as they have some serious bass potential and also play flat up to at least 5KHz. The C5s are probably very good too. Maybe give them a listen, though on demo board they won't sound the same as in your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.