JL authorizes Crutchfield online sales

I heard about this a week ago from the JL rep. More info is still coming in, but I wonder which product they would exactly be selling.

I can get JL car audio, so I don't care, but I have no home audio dealers around, and I want a **** Fathom woofer!

one thing that crutchfield might have over B&M's is that they'll probably have the item in stock!! At least the JL dealers i know of rarely have anything highend in stock because JL just won't ship one or two subs or an amp...the dealer must make a large order all at once.

one thing that crutchfield might have over B&M's is that they'll probably have the item in stock!! At least the JL dealers i know of rarely have anything highend in stock because JL just won't ship one or two subs or an amp...the dealer must make a large order all at once.
Who told you that? Pretty sure that isn't the case, maybe the dealer just doesn't want to stock products and doesn't feel that product at full price won't be "profitable" enough once they factor in paying for shipping. Or the dealer is lazy and wants to sell the customer something non-JL.

Juan

Dealers have to hit numbers for each quarter I believe, but thats not the problem. The higher end items don't sell as well as the lower end.

Why should a dealer order a couple grand worth of W7's and sit on them for months?

If they dont sell, they don't need to keep them in stock. W1v2's sell, those are in stock. A1400D's sell, those are in stock.

My shop would love to stock every item, we just can't afford to.

I was referring to this:

"JL just won't ship one or two subs or an amp...the dealer must make a large order all at once."

I don't think that is true. The high end stuff doesn't sell as well, but I don't think it's JL Audio's fault if a customer comes in and you tell him the line above when they want to buy a W7.

Sounds to me like a ploy to move them over to something that dealer has in stock.

Juan

Dealers have to hit numbers for each quarter I believe, but thats not the problem. The higher end items don't sell as well as the lower end.
Why should a dealer order a couple grand worth of W7's and sit on them for months?

If they dont sell, they don't need to keep them in stock. W1v2's sell, those are in stock. A1400D's sell, those are in stock.

My shop would love to stock every item, we just can't afford to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.