JL Slash 1000/1 v1 Cutting Out

Participant count
  • Participant list

WingedRun3

Hey new here for posts so help me out here.

I have a JL XD 400/4 for mids and highs and JL Slash 1000/1 v1 running my Kicker subwoofers (just bottom grade Comp 12s) both running off a stock Advanced Auto Parts battery. The XD 400/4 is on an 8 gauge wire and the JL is on a 4 gauge. The XD has an 80 amp blade fuse and the Slash has a 100 amp asl fuse running off the same battery. Everything is wired correctly and for the past month I've had the amp it's worked like a beauty! They are both wired to the same ground because I read on a forum that that was a smart idea. However, starting yesterday the amp would dip in power less than ever when asked to go to a desired volume. I had the remote turn on wire ghetto rigged a little with the same wire running to both amplifiers with a "T" cut in the wire running to the first amp and then proceeding to the second. I fixed that last night and wired a second remote turn on to the same wire running into the xd and then proceeding to the slash and the subs would have power again. This morning I was driving and the amp was a lot softer than normal and proceeded to just cut out again! It hasn't powered on for the past 2 hours of coming back to the amp and trying it. What could be wrong? The fuses are still good, the ground I have the two amps going to is solid (fixed that last night better too) and the power light is on when it isn't powering at all. (The low ohms light is not on, the thermal light is not on, and the low V light is not on.) Any help? I've yet to check the fuse in the amp itself but wouldn't the power light go off if that blew?

So there's no sub output at all but amp is working your prolly overpowering those subs I'd eliminate those being blown first then go from there . The output section of your amp may be fried .

Can that cause that much damage to the amp? I took everything apart looking for a fuse in the body of the amp (couldn't find one, i'm no expert and wasn't going to do further damage) and put everything back together and it started running again. Granted I didn't do any hard pounding on my subs in fear of it cutting out again. As I turned it up I did it with a remote so I could look at the lights to see if there was a Low Voltage draw but no light came on. I've been wanting to upgrade for a WHILE now but no money income anymore since schooling started and sports got me laid off from my part time job. Thank you for the help btw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.