Just heard a 15" fi BTL and WOW! What gets as loud?

nissanrider06
10+ year member

VooDoo
Eagan, MN
Just heard my buddys 15" Fi BTL on 2k watts in a ported box and wow, my everything was shaking, that sub is crazy loud I would love to be that loud or even a little less. So can you guys help me out.

Im looking for a spl sub a single 12 or 15 that is very close to an fi btl but a little cheaper, I saw a member on here with a si mag v3 for 200 shipped and thought it looked nice, but any ideas, I also Saw a dc lvl 4, and some atomic subs, or a tc-3000 and even seen a re mx 12" for 375 and 15 for 400 shipped, really would like to stay around or under $300, I have stock electrical but think i can pull of 2k with it, It will be going into a 97 2 door blazer, I measured 9 cubes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif Thanks for the input

I will tell you this.. It probably isn't as loud as you think meter wise.. they are low end monsters so they seem loud.. I have an 18" btl.. Sounds Loud as hell but won't meter like the people with swarms of bees in their cars

I would get one of the new Fi Q 18", give that baby 2k and 7 cubes and I bet it will be close to your buddy with the 15 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

edit...you're looking for a spl sub and the Q isn't that. I would look for a audioque HDC3 15.

I want some SQ and if there was a 12" that could get close to the btl Id love that, but isnt likely on my budget, would any of the subs i listed get close:

tc-3000

15" dc lvl 4

juggernaut

15" re mx?

12" si mag v3

take the si mag off your list, it does get very loud but was designed more for sq, so i know it won't get nearly as loud as your buddy's 15. Remember theres also a cone advantage. If you want to get close to your buddy's system i would suggest a 15 inch sub with 2000 watts. Like mentioned give the aqhdc15 a look.

I want some SQ and if there was a 12" that could get close to the btl Id love that, but isnt likely on my budget, would any of the subs i listed get close:
tc-3000

15" dc lvl 4

juggernaut

15" re mx?

12" si mag v3
look at the sundown nightshades.. also.. btl comes in a 12".. the fs goes WAY up on em though which *****..

He said it, AQ HDC3
lol.. the btl has better sq than those only because they play a lot lower and sound like a sub should.. the difference in sound is knocking on a block of wood(btl) knocking on that same block after it has been hollowed out(aq hdc3)

Now then that is my opinion.

I play rap rock country classic rock. It keeps up with those.. if you are playing some crazy techno or something with really fast beats Idk how either would stack up don't play that music..

To the OP

Also the setup loudness and how it sounds depends on vehicles ALOT.. if he has a hatch and you have an altima or maxima(just guessing by your s/n) then you will need a lot more to get that loud.. like.. 2 on 1.5x the power if not more

I would like to do 1 12" if i can get it super loud, or else 1 15" because i think i can get loud enough with that, i've been looking for links to buy aq hdc3 but cant find any, any good spl subs in the classifieds? like the dc lvl 4? hows that, i could buy a sub tonight if i found the right one! thanks everyone for there input

his was in a nissan pathfinder, mine will be in a 2 door blazer

I would like a DD 12" that makes people **** there pants, cause i dont bump that much cause I dont want to damage my hearing but I like to have it because i do want to be able to

how are AA havocs, $300 shipped?

And I just found a great deal on IA death penalty!!!

You all are forgeting his budget of 300$. Name a pair of 15's that will get loud off 2kw for under 300$. Not many.
Type Arrrrrrrghhhhhhs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Anyways, OP go to audioque.com to get the HDC.

Find you a fully loaded BL it sounds way better then the btl and still gets loud. I have owned ssd's q's bl's and a btl. You wont be disappointed.

An you wont get 2k off a stock electrical i have a 97 blazer ur gonna need 1 good or 2 ok batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.