just installed RF P312D4's... not working PLEASE HELP

BoomBoxStereo
10+ year member

@woofergram
just connected two 12" rockford fosgate P312D4's to an Alpine MRP-M1000 with 4 gauge wiring... turned on the music, and no bass from the subs.

wired like so, with 16 gauge speaker wire

download-9.jpg

How do you have your subs wired?, I remember you saying to have 4 ohm Dual voice coils. Your amp might have gone into protect mode. If I were you id check the leads to make sure you have all the +'s and -'s properly set , even if it means taking the subs out. Check the manual to see if there is any indication it went into protect mode (like a light went from green to red). I'm really curious as to how you have those 4 ohm DVC subs wired to that amp. I'ts not a 1 ohm stable mono-block, and in that sense it's not a true mono-block amp, it just means you can wire it to one 1 ohm. I doubt the channels are separate on that amp.

If you take the subs out take a picture of how they are wired please.

yes, everything has power, when bass hits my interior lights dim... but the subs draw either no power, or very little power if anything
If they are wired parallel, it sounds like they are wired out of phase, check your wiring and make sure all + go to + and all - go to -, If you insist on driving that amp like that, do it right. You already know that amp is not a 1 ohm stable monoblock, but it might survive with ohm rise. You can wire it to 4ohms and have 250 watts per sub.

How do you have your subs wired?, I remember you saying to have 4 ohm Dual voice coils. Your amp might have gone into protect mode. If I were you id check the leads to make sure you have all the +'s and -'s properly set , even if it means taking the subs out. Check the manual to see if there is any indication it went into protect mode (like a light went from green to red). I'm really curious as to how you have those 4 ohm DVC subs wired to that amp. I'ts not a 1 ohm stable mono-block, and in that sense it's not a true mono-block amp, it just means you can wire it to one 1 ohm. I doubt the channels are separate on that amp.  

If you take the subs out take a picture of how they are wired please.
Whether an amp is 1, 2, or 4 ohm stable has nothing to do with it being a monoblock. Giving advice when you don't know what you are talking about can get someones sh1t burnt/blown, so it would be best to learn a lot more first.

Whether an amp is 1, 2, or 4 ohm stable has nothing to do with it being a monoblock. Giving advice when you don't know what you are talking about can get someones sh1t burnt/blown, so it would be best to learn a lot more first.
Amps that claim they can be wired down to 1 ohm have nothing to do with separation of channels, I am merely making the point that his

amp is not 1 ohm stable. And thus not a true mono-block amp.

Amps that claim they can be wired down to 1 ohm have nothing to do with separation of channels, I am merely making the point that his amp is not 1 ohm stable. And thus not a true mono-block amp.
An amplifier does not have to be 1 ohm stable to be a "true monoblock"... Seriously though, it's nothing personal and no offense is intended, but I recall recent threads from you where you had absolutely no clue what you were doing. Please leave advice-giving to those that have a little bit more experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.