Just picked up a CT Sounds 1400.1d...very excited.

Participant count
  • Participant list

G-LOW
10+ year member

Anyways, just picked up a CT Sounds 1400 and can't wait to hook it up later. I read a lot of stuff about CT Sounds but was told as long as it's not Paul Kim's then it should be fine, there's also 1 year warranty no questions asked so it's all g double o-d good. Also, just picked up some old school round solo barics as well. Very excited.

So Coleman still gets his amps built from Paul? Anyways, I'll hook it up later and see how this amp runs. I've been hearing a lot of bad stories about CT's but hopefully this one doesn't crap out.

Thanks...I read somewhere on SMD forum the other day that it only occurs with the bigger amps as well.

The blowing issue ct had was only woth the bigger amps. I ran an at 1200 (same as ct 1400 different name) and they are pretty solid amps. Never had any problems out of mine.

The 4k and 7k are only 3k ish and 5k ish amps, it was horribly overrated and people setting gains with the dmm was using the rated numbers and basically death by clipping. Not user error, its more of coleman error. Paul kim even says they were not meant to do the numbers coleman rated them for.

Wow, so Paul Kim is legit then. I guess Coleman overrated the higher CT amplifiers. So are they still working together?

The 4k and 7k are only 3k ish and 5k ish amps, it was horribly overrated and people setting gains with the dmm was using the rated numbers and basically death by clipping. Not user error, its more of coleman error. Paul kim even says they were not meant to do the numbers coleman rated them for.

Anyways, just picked up a CT Sounds 1400 and can't wait to hook it up later. I read a lot of stuff about CT Sounds but was told as long as it's not Paul Kim's then it should be fine, there's also 1 year warranty no questions asked so it's all g double o-d good. Also, just picked up some old school round solo barics as well. Very excited.
U have it backwards... The Paul Kim amps have the protect feature in them..

The Coleman ct sounds ones don't have the protect features and can blow if u don't know what your doing. The 7k has no board surport. I've seen lots of ppl run ct sounds and no problems and I've seen lots of ppl run ct sounds and have nothing but problems. Poof white smoke

Ok, well as of now it will be powering two old school round solo's so it should be fine and it's only a 1400.1D.

U have it backwards... The Paul Kim amps have the protect feature in them.. The Coleman ct sounds ones don't have the protect features and can blow if u don't know what your doing. The 7k has no board surport. I've seen lots of ppl run ct sounds and no problems and I've seen lots of ppl run ct sounds and have nothing but problems. Poof white smoke

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Thanks for the info, at least now I know what happened between the two.

They hate eachothers guts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.