Just Picked Up My Car From The Shop.

shalizi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i took my bmw in to get a few things installed. It has the factory widescreen navigation with the dsp system in it. So i brought my 2 kicker amps, boston pro50s, jl vr525, and an audiocontrol lc6 to be installed. They charged me 240 and now im having all kinds of problems.

1. My factory cd changer reads and changes tracks but you dont hear ANYTHING from it

2.When you start the car you hear a whistle type screech before the radio comes on

3.when you shut the car off after about 5-7 seconds the subs pop

4. when you shut off the car you can hear a static noise through the speakers as well for 5-7 seconds

5. alternator whine (all of the power cables and ground cables are by the main alt to battery power line so im not sure if that could be the cause?)

Any help on how to fix any of these problems? i took it back to the shop but they said there installer who did this wont be back till friday

yea definetly dont touch anything and try and do it yourself.. that would cause problems.. i would tell them fix it now, or tell them your bringing it to another shop and they are covering the bill

the installer works FOR said company that did the job. I am sure theres someone that can do it (right this time) Simply tell them you dont want that guy touching your car again. If they cannot make you happy, then the job is not completed.

I suppose you already paid, and didnt realize things were fawked til you got home.. Too many people just sign and pay and zip away from CA shops before checking a car over. Hell, I took my 2 day old car in 15 yers ago for an alarm install. And theres a form on the back for vehicle condition for the installer to fill out.. He checked blinkers didnt work, car had scratches all over and come other stuff. I didnt pay the bill until all the stuff was changed to the truth, and it was signed off by the manager. It had nothing to do with the alarm install, but installer felt he needed to cover his arse by stating the car was already damaged before he touched it. Hey ummmmmm dumbazz, its 2 DAYS OLD! That was a fun day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i would go back and start out firm and polite and if that didnt work then i would get mad and get loud until i got it fixed. they will do it if they dont want to lose customers. they really should fix it.

First off, don't go in their screaming your head off or come in with attitude. They'll be on the defensive and tell you to **** off.

Also, always ask for a demo before hand.

Luckily if I ever have something installed we have a place in Seattle (right next to where I live) that is called "HiFi Ave" where all these home and car audio shops have been around since the 70s.

Any place I take it to there does a great job and they are all nice and smart. All independent places too.

this is why most of us stress so much about doing it yourself. yea, and audioshop is there and more convienient for a beginner, but in the end if you screw up its easier to determine the problem.. not to mention free labor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.