Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

I don't mind deadening my car but I really want to avoid drilling into my door panels. I was just going to leave it in the stock location. The speakers are in the bottom of my door panels and the tweeters are in the top corner of the dash. http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ImageHandler/scale/489/489/ca/learningcenter/articles/3102/tweeter.jpg
Those are terrible locations for tweeters. I'd highly recommend getting some q-logic kickpanels if they make them for your make/model car. Throw mids and tweets in the kicks and if you want throw some more mids or dedicated midbass in the doors with some deadening. Some good kick locations for the fronts will be a much better return for your investment (in sound and imaging) than loading up every factory hole with speakers.

Those are terrible locations for tweeters. I'd highly recommend getting some q-logic kickpanels if they make them for your make/model car. Throw mids and tweets in the kicks and if you want throw some more mids or dedicated midbass in the doors with some deadening. Some good kick locations for the fronts will be a much better return for your investment (in sound and imaging) than loading up every factory hole with speakers.
+1 to this comment, oh so true! My friend just put some low cost JL components in the kick panel of his 2010 Ford Ranger and it was the best investment he made in his whole system yet. It really improved the imaging doing this, stuff just jumps out at you now when you're listening!

I didn't even know something like that existed. I can't seem to find any for my 2007 civic though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
***** to be you. They only go as new as 05 for the civic it seems. Sadly it doesn't look like they're really supporting a lot of new stuff at all which is a shame because they work and look great and even at MSRP are probably less money than having something with comparable looks built custom.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.