Kenwood 993 HU flashing light...

Participant count
  • Participant list
it sounds like you may have the hu security mode on. have you tried to reset the deck or read the manual on the security feature to see how to deactivate it?

the same reason that car alarms have a little flashing light. to show thieves there is a security feature that has been engaged. when my car turns off my DNX has a little flashing red light. its kind of funny walking up to my car and seeing the blue light from my alarm and red light from my HU blinking.

it sounds like you may have the hu security mode on. have you tried to reset the deck or read the manual on the security feature to see how to deactivate it?
Yes...although the controls are not working very smooth. Some control task seem to be hit or miss or require a heavy hand so to speak. Not sure if it is related to the controls themselves or the electronics but things are often sluggish when navigating between functions.

On a seperate note...The wife dislikes both the Pioneer and this Kenwood's face plate installation. Neither seem to be very crisply and intuitively designed.

no one reads manuals. when they can't figure something out they just post on here and wait for others to read it for them.

no one reads manuals. when they can't figure something out they just post on here and wait for others to read it for them.
No doubt I would generally agree with you. But I assure you, the pages of our whimpy papered and too-lightly printed manual are already tattered.

I actually do not feel to sharp not having figured this out. I'm beggining to think we may have a faulty HU.

You may have a faulty hu but I assure you that the issue you stated in your post is not the reason. The flashing light is the security feature. I had that deck for a week or so before I took it back and got my 9887. The deck was not to my liking but was overall a good deck and didn't seem sluggish at all. If you are used to a deck without as many features this deck might seem slow only because you have a few more menus to surf through.

You may have a faulty hu but I assure you that the issue you stated in your post is not the reason. The flashing light is the security feature. I had that deck for a week or so before I took it back and got my 9887. The deck was not to my liking but was overall a good deck and didn't seem sluggish at all. If you are used to a deck without as many features this deck might seem slow only because you have a few more menus to surf through.
All to often when using the right side joystick type control knob nothing happens. Then after manipulating for 10-15 seconds a connection seems to be made and things work.

Thanks for the first hand assurance on the security feature nabissssco. I will fumble with it again this evening.

when did you guy the deck? if the buttons are acting up than thats a real problem and one that should be taken care of by the warranty.
Brand new install only a few day's old...I'm on it.

Yup, take that sh!t back man! they should swap it out for you no problem no questions asked. I had that deck for a while and I did like it but I really wanted the alpine I have now and it went on sale 3 days after I got the kenwood so I took it back and spent a few more bucks and got the alpine...It was time for a brand change too cuz Ive used nothing but kenwood excelon decks in the past. I hope the new one works great man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.