Kenwood DDX470 to pioneer GM-D9605 amp wiring questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eagles512

Having a bit of trouble finishing my install. I have the kenwood head unit going to my pioneer 5 channel amp using the middle RCA slot on the HU and the left (ch A) on the amp. Right now the tweeters and mids work great but if I use the HU to try and use only the front or rear speakers it screws up. If I select "right" then only the tweeters play. Rear plays all 4 and front plays the doors mostly but still play the tweeters too. My question is, do I need another RCA cable going from the right slots on the HU so the middle and right ones will be used and plug those into the ch A and ch B RCA inputs on the amp? And then run the sub off the head unit using the 2 sub. Out plugs and put that into the SW ch on the amp? So all 6 red/white plugs will be used on the amp?

Right now since it's only one cable from the HU, I have the amp switched to the 2chan mode instead of 4 chan. Just trying to figure out how to wire all 5 speakers and get the most sound out of them. Thanks for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.