kenwood is better then pioneer

I'm an Alpine guy, but I have owned Kenwoods in the past and I really liked them a lot. I just have never warmed up to Pioneer.

Simple. Just take Pionner's Top of the line Head Unit and compare it to Kenwood's top of the line Head unit and you have your answer right there, aside from the fact the pioneer has more High-end units and a better GUI. Its funny because Im actually on the market for a Kenwood DDX-8017 double din unit. I decided to go with this one because the options and many ways to tweak. Its got good sound processing features like SRS, 5v pre out, But I still like Pioneer and I would have to buy a separete dsp 5.1 prosecing if I decided to go with Pioneer. Kenwood's Ddx8017 has that built in.

this thread is BS..........

Bottom line side by side Excelons sound better than Pioneers on my system

and that went for Alpines as well.......last year I bought 4 or 5 HU's and tested

them all in my car with no other changes than the HU and by a far margin

the Excelon sounds cleaner and more powerfull -

now bugga off

and that went for Alpines as well.......last year I bought 4 or 5 HU's and tested

now bugga off
hmm... sorry we all can't be as sweet as u .. pfff

To everyone else thanks for your replies they were very helpful, and I've deffinitely decided to go kenwood.

now bugga off
did u try the p880 with 24 bit burr brown DAC's?

Simple. Just take Pionner's Top of the line Head Unit and compare it to Kenwood's top of the line Head unit and you have your answer right there, aside from the fact the pioneer has more High-end units and a better GUI. Its funny because Im actually on the market for a Kenwood DDX-8017 double din unit. I decided to go with this one because the options and many ways to tweak. Its got good sound processing features like SRS, 5v pre out, But I still like Pioneer and I would have to buy a separete dsp 5.1 prosecing if I decided to go with Pioneer. Kenwood's Ddx8017 has that built in.

no, that just means pioneer's top of the line model is better than kenwood's.... that means nothing to the rest of the models.

They are both great brands, but about equal in terms of sound quality, in my opinion.

I think it comes down to which model are you comparing, and dependent on your individual taste.

Even their amps and subs are pretty **** equal in my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.