kenwood is better then pioneer

The question of which brand is better is just silly. No offense to the thread starter but all you're going to get is individual opinions. Kenwood fans are going to Kenwood is better and likewise with Pioneer fans. I became a Pioneer fan in the late 80s due the availability of them over Alpine and Kenwood. Therefore I never got to see a Kenwood deck in action at the local hifi shop so I never tried one. By the time Kenwood was more readily available I had already fallen in love with the Pioneer sound. Since then I've tried Eclipse and Alpine but always went back to Pioneer. There is NO real better brand as it's all opinion and personal preference.

On a side note: I would really like to know what Pioneer uses in their 24bit headunits. Some say they're 1 bit with 24 bit resolution while others say they're 24 bit. But really all that matters IS the RESOLUTION so it's really a moot point anyway. Alpine used 1 bit regulated converters for years and I don't remember anyone HATING the sound of their headunits.

They are pretty close, especially at the price point you mentioned. Just go for the one you like the looks of and has the features you want.
indeed

my old pioneer was about the same price as my kenwood that i have now, only thing with the kenwood is i haven't had any ground or alternator wine;)

i dont understand why people complain about pioneers being hard to navigate. you press one big knob to enter the menu, then you turn that knob to navigate through options......how is this so hard? 90% of the options on the unit can be accessed without even needing the assistance of the manual.

The Excelon's have fabulous sq. I have the X-990, and it is the bomb. A coulple of comments on the other people's posts. Hey turborusty, I would love that 25th anniversary deick too, nice pickup. Dirthhog, like your system setup. I bet that sounds sweet.

Wow these Burr Browns are only $2.10 each?! Why doesn’t everyone use them? How can this be considered premium at such a low cost?
It doesn’t seem right that Pioneer throws in a two dollar chip and charges a huge premium. What am I missing here?

od
What PREMIUM are you speaking of?? Pioneer decks are not that expensive other than the P9 or ODR. So I would like to know what you mean by premium.

Also, there are many different Burr-Brown chips on the market.

The Excelon's have fabulous sq. I have the X-990, and it is the bomb. A coulple of comments on the other people's posts. Hey turborusty, I would love that 25th anniversary deick too, nice pickup. Dirthhog, like your system setup. I bet that sounds sweet.
x2 i love mine

Back in the 70's and 80's, Kenwood was known for their amps in the home stereo industry, and Pioneer was known for their amps in the car stereo industry. I usually end up buying Kenwood because you get more for your money over all other brands. Otherwise, I would say it's just a matter of personal preference.

pioneer has high static and its not as clear...but they are friendly user interface.

Kenwood has better SQ...but load time take a couple seconds to play each track. ALso they tend to skip (CDs..not sure of ipod) if you goes on heavy bump.

i have own pioneer and kenwood in the past...and that how i experience with them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.