Kenwood KVT-512 USB problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

calehall08
10+ year member

I haven't posted on here in a while but I'm starting to get back into car audio ****.

I just bought a kenwood kvt512 and everything is awesome with the unit but for some reason when I plug my usb flash drive up to it, the HU says there is no media on the flash drive.

I have a few hundred song on there and a couple of pictures that I wanted to see how they looked for a background, but the HU won't read it...its weird o.0

Any suggestions?

No suggestions, but i got the same problem with my Kenwood DNX 5120

I had lets say 100 songs on my usb which all were played and recognized by the unit. Then i did some sorting, simple copy/paste in different folders, added folders, basically just organized it nice and neat. Now every track i moved is not playable.

In addition to that dnx has problems "seeing" usb every morning when i get in the car. It tells me there's no device but obviously there is. re-plugging it doesn't help, just gatta wait from 5 to 15 mins. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Make sure you're formatting the device in a FAT or FAT32 file system. Also, Kenwood only offer support on USB devices up to 2GB. Anything above that, is an "if it's working, then best of luck" scenario.

I quess buying 8GB flash wasn't such a good desicion :/

IPod here i come //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.