Kenwood Owner's/Instruction Manual Needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vince

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
I have speakers that I wish to install in my new car. I bought them when I was stationed in Japan around 1998, only the instructions have been long-since lost. The speakers are Kenwood KSC-Z770. I tried a Google search and have come up empty-handed. If anyone knows where I can obtain one (Kenwood's site was a no-go), or if you have one, I would really appreciate some assistance, please & thank you. I've had these speakers in storage for over 20 years, they've never been used, and they're just as brand new as the day I bought them. I really want to get these installed as soon as possible. Thanks again.

I have speakers that I wish to install in my new car. I bought them when I was stationed in Japan around 1998, only the instructions have been long-since lost. The speakers are Kenwood KSC-Z770. I tried a Google search and have come up empty-handed. If anyone knows where I can obtain one (Kenwood's site was a no-go), or if you have one, I would really appreciate some assistance, please & thank you. I've had these speakers in storage for over 20 years, they've never been used, and they're just as brand new as the day I bought them. I really want to get these installed as soon as possible. Thanks again.
Other than mounting them, it should be straight forward... mount on back dash, connect to radio or amplifier. They are 4ohm and handle like 135w. I would play it safe and run no more than 65w to each speaker. Mount so the tweeters are on the outsides (far left, far right) of the back dash.

This isn't for me so much as it is for the tech who will be installing them.

These speakers also illuminate on the back, and he'll need to know where that wire gets connected to.

LOL! Remember when lit up subs were synonymous with budget brand. Pyramid, Roadmaster, Craig. They all had them with milk jug plastic cones.

I think these ones have transparent dust caps and some have clear dust caps and cones. My buddy showed me a video of them. It really looks cool with LED's inside the box. Am I the only one who has seen this video of them?

Nice! Reminds me of the old Pioneer loaded enclosures.
Judging by the wire's color code, it seems like Yellow is constant power, Orange is switched power, Black is ground. It makes sense to use a switch since driving would be difficult with the lights on.
I like them. Now I am going to ogle loaded abs enclosures on Youtube.
Looking again at the video, I see you may have to make some rubber feet to keep them off the shelf at least half an inch to give the woofer breathing room. Adding to that, only way of securing them from accidental flight would be by securing the wiring with a strap or clamp.

Last edited:
Nice! Reminds me of the old Pioneer loaded enclosures.
Judging by the wire's color code, it seems like Yellow is constant power, Orange is switched power, Black is ground. It makes sense to use a switch since driving would be difficult with the lights on.
I like them. Now I am going to ogle loaded abs enclosures on Youtube.
Looking again at the video, I see you may have to make some rubber feet to keep them off the shelf at least half an inch to give the woofer breathing room. Adding to that, only way of securing them from accidental flight would be by securing the wiring with a strap or clamp.

My only worry is that once I get them to the tech (an actual tech, not some guy working out of his home garage) and I tell him that I don't have the instructions or owner's manual he might freeze when it comes to trying to figure out where the grey & black wiring (which is what I'm assuming will be the power for the lights) is to be connected. You mentioned wiring; My wiring for each of these speakers are 2 for each; black & red on one strand, and grey & black for the other strand.

Last edited:
You mentioned wiring; My wiring for each of these speakers are 2 for each; black & red on one strand, and grey & black for the other strand
So the video was not of your speakers? Your speakers have just 4 wires and not 5 like in the video? If that is the case, you can use a 9 volt battery and tap it into each pair of wires. It will not damage the speakers or the light display. If the speaker moves out, the wire on the Positive side of the battery will be the Speaker's Positive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...