Kenwood USB handling reputation

ChigerG

hi all, i would like to ask after reading some surprising reviews on high end alpine units; what are kenwood head units' reputation for handling audio off USB sticks. i've read that alpine and pioneer are slow and many have recommended JVC. in particular i'm sussing out the Kenwood DPX-MP6110U (Kenwood - DPX-MP6110U)

primarily because of its double DIN size and ability to handle iPod and most importantly, more extensive EQ (rather than just low, mid, high) and its time correction functions as well. i was going to get Alpine Electronics of Australia until i saw how slow it performs on various youtube videos. i will mainly be using my ipod anyway, but i would like to know that if i was going to use a usb stick, i wouldn't be let down or deterred by slow file handling.

audio quality, time alignment, comprehensive EQ tuning and general functionality are the most important factors in that order to me. let me know what u guys think!

Thanks!

I haven't used an any other Kenwood but my 693 performs pretty quick, but the more options to select the slower it is.

eg: "songs" takes more time to load that "playlists", "artists" takes longer that "genres", etc...

i have the pioneer avh-p4200dvd and reading off the usb sticks is fast actually faster than cd or dvd .. but reading off hard disk is painfully slow at first .

my kenwood x993 and jvc kd-sh1000 both work great with usb sticks. after a slight pause while starting speed is not an issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.