Kicker 12" CVRs

infowarrior45
10+ year member

Hello,

I am about to enter into the world of car audio and buy my first pair of subs and an amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. My friend's Kicker subs sound really good, so I have been searching craigslist for Kickers. I found these listings.....they are almost exactly the same. 2 12" CVRs in a CVR box with a Kicker 750 watt amp for around $400. Is this a good deal? Which listing looks better? I noticed the amps in the listings look slightly different.

2 12" Kicker subs subwoofer bass with kicker amplifier amp, etc..

2 - 12" Kicker CompVR subwoofers and Kicker 750.1 Amp

Thanks!

just put it like this to me anyways, i would only go with kicker if its a solo x or a 15 l7, their amp are indeed over rated theres no doubt about that, id say try to get the amp solo for 179 or so, and get you some better subs, thats my opionion.

by the way i wouldn't buy used stuff, specially if its going to be my first system, but then again theres some people with not that much knowledge about setting up their systems

Well the kicker amps are fine, just not worth the used price.

Look at some of the subs here: Sub Woofers - SSA STORE

Specifically the SSA Dcons, and Sundown SA-12, And I've heard good things from the SKAR subwoofers. Also:

Ascendantaudio.com

and

Obsidian Car Audio

Those are just some good places to start for quality subwoofers at a lower price point. Most of them are underrated by a few 100 watts of power handling capabilities as well.

I live in mpls, and can hook you up with some thing much better for the price.

Is your car wired and ready to go? What's your budget?

The first listing..guys an idiot..listing tax for prices lol and saying he paid 30$ for that kicker bass knob that comes free with all kicker amps. Def don't purchase any stuff from them

SSA DCONS are pretty badazz. get loud and sound MUCH better than those CVR's. 2 of em on ~700 watts would blow you away

SourDeez, that would be awesome. I'm living south of the twin cities right now, but it's not a problem to make it up there.

No my car is not wired yet. I was planning on ordering a wiring kit and wiring it up next week. I have a '98 Jeep Sport Cherokee. My budget is about $500 max for the subs, box, and amp. That's why I don't know if I can afford new subs like from SSA. If there was a really good deal though, I might be able to up that to $600.

Yeah, I was kinda suspect about that first listing...the price seemed pretty high too. What about the second listing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.