Kicker Compents?

BUMPING150S
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Buffalo N.Y.
Looking for some thoughts and feedback on the Kicker Compents 6.5's the RS line and the SS line. Is the SS worth the extra money over the RS? They will get 80 to 120 watts of power. I liked the RS i heard in my friends car cause they were bright and got loud with 100 watts on them. Or if you have any better sugestions for the 200 - 260 dollar range give em to me. My biggest thng I need is strong bright highs but not harsh highs,

The top of the line ss are a big step up from the rs.

For other speakers which will meet or beat the sound of the ss series, see PPI 356cs and Cerwin Vega V-max-65

we have a set of the ss in our bass room at work and they sound awesome. they are a little pricey for my taste. i would place the rs in the same class as sl60, type r, and low end diamond IMO

You might want to look into the PG RSD's, I hear (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif) they are as good as $500+ sets of comps. Seriously, they should be worth a listen and apparently are only $87. IDK?

Could anybody compare the Kicker SS to another component set? I have never heard them and am curious what they match up well against.

are the ks series any good

i listened to the ks, ss, and polk db's at circuit city and the ks sounded more clearer then the polks then the ss

From the pair of RS's I hear I thought they were bright but not harsh and very loud. What I really want is a strong set of compents that will keep up with my subs. Or at least try 2?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.