Kicker comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

BASSBOY
10+ year member

Beware Of The BBB
Hey guys,

i just bought 2 10" kicker comps
, and even with no amp they rock my truck bibg. i was wondering how much difference an amp would make with these, cause i might just get a crossover for them.

Thanks

no amp???????
Well if you have them hooked up to your cd player.....ummmmmmm im surprised they are still playing
. You dont want them voices and high notes coming outta them... yah i would look at a amp... and if you think they are bumping now... God bless your ears if you ever get an amp! Most of the amps on the market today come with a X-over built in with a High pass and a Low Pass... Low Pass is what you would wanna use for a sub. Now you need a power wire from your battery (fused no more than 12" i think it is, from the battery), RCA cables from your deck, and the remote lead from it as well. If you have no clue on how to hook it up, i would suggest finding someone that does. The Kick Comp's handle min. 125 watts RMS. times that by 2 and you need an amp that will run minimal 250 watts. Good luck....

you also need a ground wire. make sure your ground and your power wire is the same gauge. To hook it up, u need to get behind ur head unit, hook up the rca's and remote wire. Then u gotta run ur power wire from ur battery to ur amp. make sure you take off the negative lead to ur battery before you start anything. run it under the carpet or door panel. i think the door panels are easier to run ur wires through. try to ground ur ground as close to the amp as possible. use 8 gauge wire or better.

Thanks for the help guys, i know quite a lot about this car audio stuff, although i havent heard a lot, i do a lot of research!! I am just in the middle of my 1972 f100 resto, and audio came up #1 on my list!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.