Kicker Hideaway --> No Sound at all

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jay1987

Hello Guys,

Im also new on this Forum.

My Name is Jan, 29 years old from Germany but currently living in Australia.

Ive searched the Forum for following Troubleshooting but didnt found something similar.

I bought a Mitsubishi Challenger 2001 over here for traveling the Country and wanted some more Sound in my car. Ive done a lot of HU and SUB installations in Germany before, so im not a total newbie ?

What i have done so far:

Changed the Factory HU to a Pioneer DEH-X3850 which worked fine (good Sound on Front and Rear speaker)

I also bought the Kicker Hideaway because i dont have that much Space in my car to Build a big System (was on sale aswell)

Wiring:

Power: from the passenger Seat where the Sub is located through the Firewall to the battery 12V+ ✔️

Ground: underneath the passenger Seat (fiter some bolts and connected it to baremettal) ✔️

Remote: Connected it to the Blue / white wire from my HU (Antenne i think)

Tried different once aswell without success.

Audio:

Here i tried nearly every possibilities:

Connected the kicker Audio wires to the Front speaker wires of my HU ✖️ didnt work

Connected the kicker Audio wires to the rear speaker wires of my HU ✖️ didnt work

Bought a 2 Channel High to Low Converter

The Build in Kicker harness just got wires as Input and no RCA.

So i connectes the Converter to the wires and used the RCA Outputs of my HU ✖️ Didnt work

The small LED on the Hideaway is glowig Blue but i dont get any sound at all.

The hideaway Settings are on 12V+ and the Input Level was changed from high (Using Front and Rear speaker wires) to Low (Using the 2 Channel Converter via RCA)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Depending on the Connection but:

HU was Set to RCA while rca connected and Rear / SUB while wire connectes.

SUB:

12V+

Input Level: low (Connection via rca) high (via Wires)

Phase: 0^

X-over, gain, Bassboost around 3/4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.