Kicker KS Speaker Pods

Participant count
  • Participant list
I agree. Watching the Kicker video/demo of these, they can be rotated and angled a lot to pretty much cover whatever install. The tweeter housing rotates around the mid housing and you can also move the mid housing on the mounting point.

I will have to look but there was someone that posted a link at DIYMA for a shop or guy that will make custom pods for any vehicle. And iirc he had some that were like this as well.

I'll try to see if I can still find the link someplace as I looked at it and asked him about making a custom setup for my Explorer for the A-Pillars instead of doing them in the doors so the tweeters were coming right at me instead of the side.

Kicker is Kicker but I have used their components in the past with decent luck. I still have a nib refurbished component set I bought years and years ago for 35 bucks from their eBay account and icr the model but friend of mine had them in a Jeep and they sounded pretty decent not the top of the line but for a budget setup they were nice.

Their tweeters I've used on their own in my own '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee in that 2.5" spot and I liked them. They were definitely better then the more expensive Pioneer's I had in before that. Used a 3.5" set in my '84 Olds Cutlass and yeah its a 3.5" but other then the Eclipse setup I used in there they sounded ok as well.

Definitely something I might be interested in as well. If you purchase lemme know how they sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.