Kicker vs. others?

Participant count
  • Participant list

daboyfrumdabx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys,

Decided to get a little too happy with the volume knob the other night and smoked my mids. Now in the market for a new set of comps. I have an accommodation through kicker which has some pretty pricing. Had my eye on a set of these:

Kicker QS65.2 (09QS65.2) 6.5" QS-Series Component Car Speakers

Not for that price of course. I'm familiar with most of the comp sets that get recommended on here for the $200-$250 range. I can get the ones I linked for under $200. Just want to make sure I wouldn't be making a mistake grabbing those in comparison to others in the price range.

Thanks for any input.

The Kicker QS set is actually pretty nice.

If you can get them for under $200, I almost want to say go for it. I have actually heard them and they surely surprised me. I wouldn't have a problem dropping 200 on them.

However, the JBL MS62c set mentioned up there has been getting amazing reviews as THE set to buy for around $200 mark. I have yet to hear them so I cannot speak from experience but I highly doubt that you can go wrong by purchasing them.

Remember, though, that those QS comps are in an entirely different price bracket than the JBLs, even when shopping around. So, think about what you're paying for each set and decide which one is the best for your money. If you can, see if you can listen to each set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.