KnuKonceptz 1/0 Gauge Wire???

HardHittaz00
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Pace, FL
I was about to buy 25' of KnuKoncepts 1/0 gauge wire off ebay to do the big 3 with and make a run to the back with my other 2 batteries and hopefully supply power to a Hifonics Colossus XXV with some of it also. I see a lot of people running KnuKoncepts, but when I started reading on it it says that its 90% aluminum and 10% copper and close to size 2/0 wire. Is this ok? I also see the "Monster 1/0 gauge wire" that's all over Ebay, but I can't see how thick it is or strand count. Just trying to see what my best option is here.

Yup, Copper clad aluminum is what it says. The ad says...

KnuKonceptz continues to blaze new trails for automotive audio enthusiasts with its new Copper Clad Aluminum Cable dubbed 'KLM'. Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) is made up of 90% Aluminum and 10% Copper. Consisting of 66.88mm^2 of CCA the KLM Kable is equal in size to the Kolossus Kable, but is designed for lighter current loads and not lightening your wallet.

By using an area of 66.88mm^2 of CCA, the cable is nearly equal to 2/0 (see link below). This over sizing offsets the use of the CCA compared to standard sized 1/0 made of OFC. So you get equal performance and at sizable savings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.