Last Fiero build log

As I said before. 4 15s does not automatically make it over a 150. I've seen them do high 40s. Has that build ever seen a termlab to confirm? If not that's not even close to being a valid point.
I'm sure people just got tired of talking to you since you just won't get it. You act like none of us have ever used different meters.
I believe it has seen a TL because the dude came back saying our meter was screwed... but only by 3db. He did 152db on the TL if I remember correctly. Also after we metered his Tahoe the meter never seemed to read right again, so I'll admit, they do ****, break easy, cost a **** ton to fix/calibrate, but at the time I took the video, it was working good.

I believe it has seen a TL because the dude came back saying our meter was screwed... but only by 3db. He did 152db on the TL if I remember correctly. Also after we metered his Tahoe the meter never seemed to read right again, so I'll admit, they do ****, break easy, cost a **** ton to fix/calibrate, but at the time I took the video, it was working good.
There is a guy that goes on sonic electronics Facebook page that did a 147 with some Duals. Are yall related?

Btw. 3 db is A LOT

There is a guy that goes on sonic electronics Facebook page that did a 147 with some Duals. Are yall related?
Btw. 3 db is A LOT
Oh come the **** on. 3db is a lot but you can't compare some duals to a T1...

Oh come the **** on. 3db is a lot but you can't compare some duals to a T1...
Hey he used a AC meter so it counts right? And a T1 is really nothing special. Take off the cover ups and you are left with a little bitty motor, no excursion, cheap parts.

Hey he used a AC meter so it counts right? And a T1 is really nothing special. Take off the cover ups and you are left with a little bitty motor, no excursion, cheap parts.
3 inch coil. 16.4 xmax didn't see the motor weight

For the price it's nothing special but I paid $132 brand spankin new straight from RF. Tiny motor? It's got a 3 inch thermally underrated coil. No excursion? I guess the thin/tall surround and VAST attaching method is just for looks then. Cheap parts? No. Even the voice coils use special glue that doesn't stink when it gets warm.

The only reason mine died is because I had a catastrophic failure and I learned a very valuable lesson to never ever under any circumstances mount the amp to the box. I was driving one day, then all the sudden the bass cut out. I opened the trunk and found the screws holding the amp to the box completely broke smooth off, all 4 of them, the amp fell in front of the box, ripped the remote wire out, and the heavy *** 1000/1 was resting right up against the metal cone where it attaches to the surround, and caused a dent. I also had to warranty the 1000/1 because having it mounted to the box vibrated the living **** out of it and caused the signal processing board to unplug from the main board, to which they "updated" to 1000/1v2 engineering and glued the plug (kind of pissed me off I paid 100$ +shipping for something I could have done myself)

Then another one day a few years later, I notice the sub didn't sound anywhere near as loud so I checked the trunk again. The sub was inverted at that time, so I couldn't see the cone.

I found these in front of the port

Oyg0nxt.jpg

Pulled the sub from the box and found this

zUZbiSJ.jpg

MihxH1h.jpg

The dent caused the surround to detach from the cone over time which is the only reason mine died. Otherwise these subs are built like tanks. You're a DD fan that says RF uses cheap materials... dude DD uses the cheapest materials. Paper cones and foam surrounds? It's not 1980 anymore and paper and foam have been proven to be crap for longevity/durability of a speaker.

And this "weak" "nothing special" sub destroyed a 16gauge steel roof-mounted rear-view mount (cracked in 5 places, developed an insanely loud rattle) and broke a rear deck vent into 3 pieces.

72FtDy4.jpg

That sub is full of goodness including SQ and doesn't get any credit cause everybody's too afraid/too broke to spend money on them.

That has a bit more than a strong midbass. Are you trolling or serious?
You really said DD uses cheap parts?
Lol dude you're the only one trolling. A midbass with 33mm xmax? Where?

And yes DD uses cheap materials. Foam surrounds and paper cones is quality in your eyes? I would never ever in my lifetime spend a penny on any sub with a foam surround. I love the W7 but I would never buy one because I know foam surrounds don't last. Paper cones is debatable because some people like the sound, but foam surrounds are junk, that's proven through time. If the speaker can't stand the test of time, it's useless, and borderline planned obsolescence.

The Eclipses I have right now, are what.... I don't even know, 13, 14 years old? They wouldn't be here today if they had foam surrounds, guaranteed. Foam surrounds are cheap, there is no debating that.

Using treated foam over rubber is not a cost saving measure. Foam is the standard on the most of the elite, high-power, high-excursion subs for a few good reasons. Most notably due to the fact that it is far better at preserving the linearity of the cone at high excursion than rubber can. Also, it's stiff as fawk in winter, lol.

Using treated foam over rubber is not a cost saving measure. Foam is the standard on the most of the elite, high-power, high-excursion subs for a few good reasons. Most notably due to the fact that it is far better at preserving the linearity of the cone at high excursion than rubber can. Also, it's stiff as fawk in winter, lol.
Yeah, every material has its pros and cons. Rubber is also heavier and costs more, and sounds different. Sacrifices have to be made and it's all subjective but I'd rather have a sub that lasts over anything.

Yeah, every material has its pros and cons. Rubber is also heavier and costs more, and sounds different. Sacrifices have to be made and it's all subjective but I'd rather have a sub that lasts over anything.
A little dent in yours caused it to fall apart, and treated foam surrounds are an issue to you? For the record, there are a lot of perfectly good old foam - surround woofers out there. Rubber or treated foam will both last a good long time when taken care of.

A little dent in yours caused it to fall apart, and treated foam surrounds are an issue to you? For the record, there are a lot of perfectly good old foam - surround woofers out there. Rubber or treated foam will both last a good long time when taken care of.
Yeah, like I said every material has its pros and cons. Metal cones dent but they are stiffer than anything else out there. I love the sound of metal cone woofers and always have, and always will. There's a certain solidity to the sound that you just can't get from paper or poly cones. There's even a technical name for it, although I can't remember, but paper and poly cones have naturally inherent distortion from the cone losing its shape during travel. Metal cones keep their shape under the most demanding circumstances which is why I like them, but for subwoofers only. I don't like the sound of metal cone mids and metal cone tweets are too bright for my tastes, although they are very crisp and detailed sounding.

Anything can last when taken care of. Accidents happen though so it's always nice to know your **** isn't going to break if something happens. And it's not exactly like you can protect your foam surround from the elements, even if they're treated. They are more suited to a temperature/humidity controlled home environment than a vehicle environment.

Yeah, like I said every material has its pros and cons. Metal cones dent but they are stiffer than anything else out there. I love the sound of metal cone woofers and always have, and always will. There's a certain solidity to the sound that you just can't get from paper or poly cones. There's even a technical name for it, although I can't remember, but paper and poly cones have naturally inherent distortion from the cone losing its shape during travel. Metal cones keep their shape under the most demanding circumstances which is why I like them, but for subwoofers only.
Anything can last when taken care of. Accidents happen though so it's always nice to know your **** isn't going to break if something happens. And it's not exactly like you can protect your foam surround from the elements, even if they're treated. They are more suited to a temperature/humidity controlled home environment than a vehicle environment.
You really do believe yourself. Holly ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.