Let`s talk wax

mothers is good but isnt the best, ive tried so many kinds of wax its not funny. my experiences are as follows

1. zymol

2. meguirs gold class

3. meguirs #66.

havent tried ice yet. the last one i tried is the zymol and its absolutly amazing.

man,that Zymol isn`t realy too cheap.

i think i`m gonna check out ice for the time being.

it`s a newer vehical*3 weeks old*so no need to clay yet

i hand washed/dryed it yesterday.been sitting in the garage since

I usually use Meguirs Gold class, but I have also used zymol and is very hard IMHO to tell the difference between the two. For price, I will stick to Meguirs. Picking up some at the end of this week and if is nice, which I doubt, me and my cars are going to be spending some quailty time together.

Zaino: www.zainostore.com. It's expensive and takes some work to prepare the surface but I love it.

From their customer gallery

vette69lg.jpg

jamesS2000.jpg

20060905RonK2.JPG

one word

ZYMOL.
I had never used the stuff before I got my current car repainted.

My friend that did the paint/bodywork for me suggested it after he was done with my car and now that I've used it? I swear by it.

deadboi77~

You're right that Zymol isn't the cheapest stuff on the shelf at Checkers or Pep Boys or Auto Zone or wherever you're shopping but I'll agree with wErd on this one due to personal experience. It really is worth the price IMO.

i was a detailor for a while. used alot of liquid **** and everything, best stuff ive come across is from a company called ardex. its a paste wax.

just used it yesterday after a quick claybar job, comes out smoother than anything youve ever felt

mothers is good but isnt the best, ive tried so many kinds of wax its not funny. my experiences are as follows
1. zymol

2. meguirs gold class

3. meguirs #66.

havent tried ice yet. the last one i tried is the zymol and its absolutly amazing.
I used some meguires gold class today.....It worked well for me. So in the hands of someone who actually knows what they are doing im sure the results would be great.

I used some meguires gold class today.....It worked well for me. So in the hands of someone who actually knows what they are doing im sure the results would be great.
its really all about how the car has been taken care of up to that point. i loved the people that would come in with their clearcoat cracked and peeling off or oxidation so bad when you ran your hand over it your hand would have more color on it than the car did, and expect you to make it look better than brand new.

everyone swears by their product, says its the best and reccomends it to everyone. just find one that gives you the results you want and do it on a regular basis. every 2 weeks, every month, every 3 months, every half year.

remember, waxes are designed for different purposes. so if you want it to look good now, or have it not as shiney, but last for a few more months, find the one tailored to your needs.

EDIT: and too much could be a bad thing, customer would come in every weekend and have his car waxed, after a few weeks, white streaks formed in the paint, and even buffing wouldnt remove it.

if you really want something good, look into xzilon. its supposedly an airplane wax.

its a complete liquid, alot of which is alcohol. you can only do like a 2x2 area of your vehicle at a time, and have to hand buff it off quickly or else itll eat into and perminantly stain your paint. but anyways, when used correctly, you can drive all through lovebug season, and get the front end of your brand new white benz black from love bugs, and after a few months even (lovebugs contain an acid in their bodies, and when you smack into them with your front end, they blow up, and when left on the acid eats into the clear leaving a hole) all you have to do is take a waterhose (or a soft wet towel) and they wash right off. good stuff.

but i believe its upwards of $100 for a 7oz can

if you really want something good, look into xzilon. its supposedly an airplane wax.
its a complete liquid, alot of which is alcohol. you can only do like a 2x2 area of your vehicle at a time, and have to hand buff it off quickly or else itll eat into and perminantly stain your paint. but anyways, when used correctly, you can drive all through lovebug season, and get the front end of your brand new white benz black from love bugs, and after a few months even (lovebugs contain an acid in their bodies, and when you smack into them with your front end, they blow up, and when left on the acid eats into the clear leaving a hole) all you have to do is take a waterhose (or a soft wet towel) and they wash right off. good stuff.

but i believe its upwards of $100 for a 7oz can
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

I've worked washing cars, and applied it. You can literally spraypaint your hood, let it dry, then wipe it off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.