little (noob) problem

LoganSF
10+ year member

I just installed a new amplifier, and everything powers up, amp turns on everything, but basically nothing comes from my subwoofers. I started turning up the gain but stopped around 1/3 way when i noticed it made no difference, the subwoofers are just barely vibrating, what are some potential causes?

Its a mono amp, subwoofers are fine. It could possibly be the RCAs because a friend gave me the set so idk how they are, i just didnt know what the symptoms of defective RCAs were

Its a mono amp, subwoofers are fine. It could possibly be the RCAs because a friend gave me the set so idk how they are, i just didnt know what the symptoms of defective RCAs were
check your head unit settings you would be surprised how often we forget to turn the subs on ive done it myself and went in circles trying to figure it out then i check the hu and the subs are turned off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I was just messing around and i went to pull the rubber shielding off one of the heads of the rcas, and the actuall head has been torn off from the wires, so there is no connection, would just once RCA being messed up totally eliminate all sound that should be coming from the subwoofer

I was just messing around and i went to pull the rubber shielding off one of the heads of the rcas, and the actuall head has been torn off from the wires, so there is no connection, would just once RCA being messed up totally eliminate all sound that should be coming from the subwoofer
you would have little or no sound get new rcas and check back

I could believe one bad rca, but not both. You said its barely vibrating, so does that mean that you do hear something from them?
he said they are used so if the person that had them before pulled them out by the wire instead of the head its likely that there is more than one head broke off

i checked the back of my head unit and it was just the one head, and i thought they were vibrating but it might have been from my speakers in the deck moving them. and i would not buy RCAs from walmart haha. Does kicker make good wire? The ones i had previously were monster cable, i have no idea what these are.

Last edited by a moderator:
i checked the back of my head unit and it was just the one head, and i thought they were vibrating but it might have been from my speakers in the deck moving them. and i would not buy RCAs from walmart haha. Does kicker make good wire? The ones i had previously were monster cable, i have no idea what these are.
That's retarded. All of the wires in my build I bought from walmart. I've not had one problem with them. and i've got alot of them in my Jeep...just click the link in my sig to see my build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.