Looking for a new SQL driver

Somchine13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Currently owned Stereo Integrity SQL, Adire Brahma, and RF power T1. I’m looking for another good sound quality subwoofer to play with and came across ID Max, are the ID Max similar to the the SI SQL? I’m also looking at the W7 but not sure if the price tag is worth it. Any other brand suggestions would be great as well.

Grab one of these.

eBay if you're in a hurry.

I did two of these ported in a home theater build and they are pretty impressive drivers. 7.5" VC, 3500 watt SQL air pumps! THis is terrible recording where the mic obviously can't handle the output but it gives you an idea!

Don't let the xmax fool you. Read up on this driver, really pretty impressive all the way around.

Last edited:
Grab one of these.

I did two of these ported in a home theater build and they are pretty impressive drivers. 7.5" VC, 3500 watt SQL air pumps! THis is terrible recording where the mic obviously can't handle the output but it gives you an idea!

Don't let the xmax fool you. Read up on this driver, really pretty impressive all the way around.

Wow, sub looks good. I’m definitely looking it.

The w7 isn't worth the price tag. Idk what you didn't like about the Brahma and SQL those are pretty much the top end sound quality loud drivers.

You can always go for a pure sq driver with more cone area but the gains are usually negligible. Maybe in or truck baffle with a pair of 15s or 18s

Those peerless subs are what the Memphis viv is based off of if you want the same sub from a car audio company

Last edited:
The w7 isn't worth the price tag. Idk what you didn't like about the Brahma and SQL those are pretty much the top end sound quality loud drivers.

You can always go for a pure sq driver with more cone area but the gains are usually negligible. Maybe in or truck baffle with a pair of 15s or 18s

Those peerless subs are what the Memphis viv is based off of if you want the same sub from a car audio company

I agree, not sure what wasn’t liked about the Brahma, I’d take one over the others easily. The issue with the peerless sub is if it ever blows, I don’t know if recone kits exists but good luck finding a coil that size. If you had to pay precision econo wind to make that size coil it would probably cost as much as a new sub 😅.

I’ve always liked the way a w7 12 and 13.5 sound sealed but the prices have gotten insane! The idmax is a nice sub but isn’t my cup of tea. I’m a big fan of tc sounds subs but of course that requires going used. I’ve built subs for others and have gotten lucky with guys who have had some blown tc sounds subs I took as partial trade. Love when that happens 🥰🥳 rebuilt 3Hp 12” and 15”. These sounded amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpeg
    IMG_1537.jpeg
    993.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1022.jpeg
    IMG_1022.jpeg
    829.4 KB · Views: 10
Grab one of these.

Funny xmax spec. Clearly the driver is capable of more.

Funny xmax spec. Clearly the driver is capable of more.
This driver is capable of 45.5 mm of excursion before any major loss in motor strength (Bl). In other words, this driver is capable of 90 mm (3.5") peak to peak excursion while still producing low distortion output.

Nice...

This driver is capable of 45.5 mm of excursion before any major loss in motor strength (Bl). In other words, this driver is capable of 90 mm (3.5") peak to peak excursion while still producing low distortion output.

Nice...
And big (diameter) coils seem to perform better at their BL limits (ie Dyn & Morel midbass drivers).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...