Loud power supply

masonr998

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I don't have the normal car audio setup. I have a 65inch TV with a whole car audio setup as my surround sound with 2 12 inch subwoofer. (Not to brag🤣🤣) but basically I have a xbox 360 power supply powering my head unit and 2 6.5 inch speakers. And the same powering my 2 12s. The speakers and stereo never had an issue with. The 2 12s are very low powered because of the 30watt xbox power supply but they surprisingly bump pretty hard. Anyway my power supply for the subs is extremely loud when I turn it on. Before I could unplug it a few times and it would work but now I can't get it to stop. Has anyone else done this setup before and know the issue? It's worked fine for a year just started doing this. Anyone know if the power supply is just done if there's a fix to this?

I plan on eventually getting a power inverter and battery to run the subs so they have more power but in the short term I don't want to keep buying $20 power supplys to find out its in the amp or something

Also if you want me to tell you how I wired everything up to run on 110 just leave your phone number ill text you all the info and picture of my own set up and how I did it all. Super simple with xbox 360 power supplys but I can also send you a link to a video on how you can run your subwoofers non stop on a battery. That route is a bit pricey so be prepared

1. Nobody in their right mind is going to give you their phone number, so they can be your personal consultant, just because you want to do things the wrong way. If you have pictures, then post em here.

2. Subs in a car are not the same as subs in your home. It doesn't take much in your home for your subs to start reverberating your entire house, which is basically a large enclosure. If you took what most people in here have in their vehicles and put it in your home, you would vibrate your brain into making you dizzy and nauseous very quickly. This is honestly a bad idea to be working towards.

3. You've ruined your xbox power supply, and I'm surprised it lasted that long. Get an inverter if you want to use an amp in your home. You need to convert 110/120v to 12v. You don't need an inverter and a battery. Get a 12v car battery, power it off that, and get a charger for it, OR get an inverter and use your home's power, (which would be a lot more efficient).

Also if you want me to tell you how I wired everything up to run on 110 just leave your phone number ill text you all the info and picture of my own set up and how I did it all. Super simple with xbox 360 power supplys but I can also send you a link to a video on how you can run your subwoofers non stop on a battery. That route is a bit pricey so be prepared

Hard pass.

really 2.jpg

Last edited:
So I don't have the normal car audio setup. I have a 65inch TV with a whole car audio setup as my surround sound with 2 12 inch subwoofer. (Not to brag🤣🤣) but basically I have a xbox 360 power supply powering my head unit and 2 6.5 inch speakers. And the same powering my 2 12s. The speakers and stereo never had an issue with. The 2 12s are very low powered because of the 30watt xbox power supply but they surprisingly bump pretty hard. Anyway my power supply for the subs is extremely loud when I turn it on. Before I could unplug it a few times and it would work but now I can't get it to stop. Has anyone else done this setup before and know the issue? It's worked fine for a year just started doing this. Anyone know if the power supply is just done if there's a fix to this?
i have two 12 car audio subs myself connected to a yamaha pro audio amp thats connected to my yamaha surround sound 7.1 reciever lol.2000 watts rms of bass on tap before rise...hmmmm how is this possible ? rolls mb15b.thats how lol

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...