LPF on HU off or on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guyver
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just installed a Pioneer 4800BT head unit and also running a CT Sounds 1400 amplifier. Question is, should I turn the LPF on the head unit off and adjust LPF xover from the amp... or leave LPF xover on head unit on and adjust it from there and max out LPF xover from amp?

If the head unit has the frequency/slope you want then just do it from there. Easier to set and easier to change later if you want to. The dials on the amps are a bit tougher to really get locked in the right frequency.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
Any indication that a loose wire may be the issue? I'd start by checking all the +/- connections to see if one has come lose or is starting to...
Disconnect the RCA's or hi-level input to the JBl amp. turn the system on, If the noise continues, it's a ground or noise issue with the amp.If it...
yall. I unplugged the radio harness and the antenna and plugged it all back in and it works. I guess its fixed… suppose it was the head unit...

About this thread

Guyver

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Guyver
St. Paul, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date